Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YayPythons

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Time in Click Clack

Hey all,
so I have decided on a Rough Scaled Python (after much changing) and have started sorting out a click clack for it. I have a 7L tub that I'm using.

My question is how long will it be able to stay in this for and what size enclosure will I have to move it into after that?

Thanks in advance,
YayPythons :D

Last edited:
Hey mate this is slightly off topic but are you sure you will legally be able to get one as your first snake?

I'm not sure about QLD licensing laws ect but in Vic roughies are on an advanced license, which only takes $180 to get here but some other states have tighter rules.

Just something to check out if you haven't

Hey Trimeresurus,
I've read the conditions on the licence and from what I understand I can keep them on the basic licence. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
YayPythons :D

I bought a RSP off Swampie,its one of my favourites, only as long as my womas or albinos don't find this out. I do have an advanced licence,but roughies can be keep on basic

Back to your question, how long depends on the size of the animal. If it is feeding well and growing quickly you may wish to move it out in 6 months. If it is a bit picky or slow, maybe a year. If it quits eating in a bigger enclosure, back to the click clack. There is no set 'graduation' age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back