Oddest Problem With My Blu-Ray Player...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure it's not just the cable?
I have exactly the same problem, it flashes black 2 or 3 times.
However, my laptop is whats connected to the tv via hdmi and I just stream movies and tv.
The lappys not that old, but I had a cheap woolies cable connected to it, I went to eb games and brought a good quality cable and it stopped doing it.
A few weeks ago I put the old cable back in because my son had taken the good one for his xbox and it started doing it again.

My 2 cents:

In my recent info gathering for tvs, I came across a phenominum relating to the frequency or hertz that a flat tv runs on.
Cheaper tvs have lower hertz for running and the trouble is these bluerays and some video games, need tvs that have faster processing speeds to cope with the info coming into them, and I think this "too much info" is spacing out your tv causing it to go into blackouts.
I also read this blacking out is common when busy action scenes happen both in videogames and dvds, due to the extra data needing to be processed.

the only solution may be to look at tvs with higher processing speeds......or watch dull non action crap, like princess diaries.... ;^)

Cheers for everybody's input...it's a bit more comforting knowing that I wasn't going crazy & these problems exist.
Yeah I recently bought an X-Box & needed to adjust the tv's hertz to play certain games...I think maybe this was about the same time I started experiencing "black-outs" with Blu-ray movies...
Kitten/Phoenix strongly suggests a firmware update & I think that might be the issue itself so that's my 1st plan of attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back