What does your reptile do at feeding time? funny, weird, normal behaviours, etc

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My coastal will watch me in mid air as step away from her enclosure after i placed the chicken in her enclosure.

He did again! After over 5 months of not doing it, he 'popped' his mouse. Wish I had my camera

my spinipes will try and eat my fingers instead of there food

My 2 year old childrens python squeezes his mouse so had that it pops (not a lie!) and then he goes around finding all the body parts and slurps them up... So gross.

So glad my girl doesn't do that. I would bring up my dinner if she did.

yea i have a couple of roughies that strike and then hold it for up to an hour before downing it normally when theyve been left alone haha shy buggers. and one of my womas omg, everything is fair game ALWAYS!!!! even herself lol

Funny how womas have that reputation with their food.
Mice and quail mine goes mental and you have to watch your hands.

Give her a rat and she literally hovers over it. A third of her body is off the ground. If she accidentally touches it, she backs off really fast and rubs her head in the substrate as if to get the smell off her.

My woma does the head bobble and tail wag. It's too cute! My stimmie is the slowest feeder on earth; she just circles it for an hour or so first. Even if I wiggle it in front of her; she won't take it without going around it for ages first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

my hypo Proserpine girl taps the glass door of her viv with her head in anticipation i then have to put mouse brains on the nose of the rat or she'll strike the rat and leave it and go sulk in a corner

my hypo Proserpine girl taps the glass door of her viv with her head in anticipation i then have to put mouse brains on the nose of the rat or she'll strike the rat and leave it and go sulk in a corner

OMG that's worse than seeing a rodent explode. lol. Should I ever get such a fussy feeder, I'll be sure to send it to you Jimie. :)

My female BHP lunges at the glass with her mouth open then trails the glass with her open mouth pressed against it like a face hugger from aliens.

She sure loves food... serious.. i need to close the glass sliding door before she gets out the enclosure.

Waylon, my Woma does the head bob and tail wiggle. He also is retarded and play with his rat for ages. He chews a foot and cant seem to find the head for a while.
Last feed he just played with it then left it. I fed the leftover adult rat to my small Jungle (as an experiment) and she bloody ate it! She's so stuffed now.
The Jungle normally lauches her entire body off her perch to take a rat, which is impressive.
The adult Bredli is funny. If I feed the rat to her she goes into full attack and strangle mode, but if I genty leave it, she just slides over, opens up and starts eating without even wrapping or basically checking its even dead. Thats spooky to watch!

My coastal won't take food from forceps and he won't take it from anywhere else in his enclosure but the perch. He just hovers and hisses at you till you out it down, doesn't bite or anything just carries on, when you close the viv door he rushes up to it and hisses,.till you turn your back then you just hear this big explosion of sound when you turn around its already 3/4 of the way down lol I don't know what he does when my back is turned cause he just freezes when you try see :) EVERY.SINGLE.TIME

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

My yearling RSP will only take it from his perch, and it has to be bumped gently on his nose, and wham, onto it.
He then goes into hunting mode for the next 2 nights, no matter how many mice he has.

My adult MD python is a pain to feed, he likes to be fed on top of his hide lately, you can't just leave the rat in there, he slides right over it looking for it, but anything that moves (but not the rat) he's onto. Eventually I throw the rat near him or dangle it, sometimes he takes it, sometimes he doesn't.

My (newish) Cape York girl is a super keen feeder. Anything that moves she strikes at, she gets so excited her head starts wobbling a bit, she often strikes the glass just when Im trying to open the door...needless to say, whatever the other 2 refuse, she takes. LOL
She then goes into hunting mode straight away for the new few days, I swear she would eat till she explodes. She gets 2 large rats a fortnight and still looks for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back