Gravid b-tongue?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickGeee

Reaction score
Hello APS,
I have had a eastern that "supposedly" mated around December...
She is a ill chubby but it doesn't seem to be as big as the other pics that get around the forum...
nahagese.jpg

su5y8ube.jpg

Pregnant or just we'll fed.

In foal I reckon.

Especially if it is kept outdoors in Victoria.

130 days give or take from first mating until birthing takes place. I think she was nailed before December. :) Because she looks further along than 60-70 days.

Has she sloughed recently?

130 days give or take from first mating until birthing takes place. I think she was nailed before December. :) Because she looks further along than 60-70 days.

Has she sloughed recently?

It was either September or November, she sloughed less then a week ago.

December is pretty late in the year to be mating especially for an outside common bluey. Most give birth in late December and January. You'd be looking around April at the earliest.

We had some babies in the hoarder the other week. This is one that had out dog bailed up (that was a joke but the dog was in the corner when I seen she was whimpering that's why I went out the back)
vezy9enu.jpg

Indoors you can change the timing. This season I had a female mated on the 25,26 and 28th of July. She gave birth on the 3rd of November. Babies are fed everyday, and now look like this.
P1030498_zps440b8137.jpg

Good luck with it, I haven't had luck getting our blueys to mate, the female is too dominent and will more often end up on top of the male rather than the other way around, they have shown they know when it's breeding time and have seen them try plenty at that time of the year.
Think I might need to stick her with a more experienced male to get the first brood and for her to learn what to do.

Look forward to seeing the pics of your bubs :)

There are fat deposits around the lower body cavity that get quite large in captive bluetongues. So if the tail is nice and fat it may be that.

No... Phantom pregnancy?

Are you seeing any heavy breathing?

Not my vid but its a good example of Gravid bluey heavy breathing.
[video=youtube_share;NchTZDPfyS8]http://youtu.be/NchTZDPfyS8[/video]

Nick I was reading the comments and the guy said like at the earliest was April wat u recon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back