New Enclosure Setup, What do you think?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayyskii

Reaction score
Hey guys & girls,

Just setup my new enclosure for my yearling, and was wondering your thoughts from my dodgy pictures below,
Anything im missing?

(It's currently homing a Jungle x Darwin yearling,) Is it a suitable habitat?

Size: H 6ft x W 3.5ft X D 1.5ft
Heating/ Lighting: Big UVB Lamp (Forget wattage of the top of my head.. at work) ran on a thermostat.
Substrate: Astro Turf
Random: Plenty of Hides & Water (Big log is hollow + Caves on floor near water bowls)

Pics:
aTr42HY.jpg

lF8sOh8.jpg

*Will update thread with better pics after work*

Looks good. You say you are using a UVB lamp as heating? UVB lights generally don't give off any heat. Is that all you are using?

Personally I know my yearlings wouldn't be happy in there because it is too big but if yours is then that's good.

Looks good. You say you are using a UVB lamp as heating? UVB lights generally don't give off any heat. Is that all you are using?

Personally I know my yearlings wouldn't be happy in there because it is too big but if yours is then that's good.

I've got IV Globes & Fitting's at home i can Add in which are heat only right? Heat rock on the bottom near a hide as well.
UVB of the top of my head (As im at work) It may be a UVA i'll confirm on my lunch break..

Could possibly add a divider in the middle when i get my male and split it into two? What are your thoughts on that?

thank you for your response,

Jay.

Edit: When i was playing around with the thermostat last night, it reads about 35-37 degrees at the top of the enclosure and 27 at the bottom with the light on, When i turn it off the temp at the bottom of the enclosure drops to around 24-25. If this helps?

Either way your temps sound good no matter what light it is. I would be careful with the heat rock though as they have been known to fail and burn snakes. Better off using a heat cord with a tile on top.

If you divided into two the would be plenty of room for two snakes for a couple of years at least.

The only other thing I would add is some kind of hide near the top. You can make up a wooden box, like a bird breeding box and attach to the roof so he can hide up there too. :)

looks awesome...but one thing you need to do straight away...GET RID OF THE HEAT ROCK NOW...it will save you some heartache...too many bad stories..great job otherwise..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back