Inherited Coastal

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidos

Reaction score
My brother left me his yearling python after picking up a job in north QLD, apologies for any incorrect terms or statements i am relatively fresh to the forum scene and to owning a reptile with not so many appendages. after looking at these guys on google (amazing source) i found this one to have a slightly different colour, i read something about red/hypo but allot of the info on the net is a little scattered and cross invalidating. He told me it was a Coastal Carpet Python and wrote me a list of things to be aware of, also wrote this site down so i thought i better have a geez. After trying to find out if it was a morph? i started becoming really interested, nearly obsessive about finding out a little more on this Python.

Are these colours just juvenile variations?
Is this actually a coastal carpet?
Am i being a pest?

If anyone could give even a little input or opinion into this thread it would be greatly appreciated.

sorry for the messy novel^ its late, im obsessed, a little strange and a noob.
bad pics too sorry again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 232
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 155
Just bumping this for you so a more experienced member can give you answers.
If you haven't already done so, get your reptile license if you intend on keeping this python.
I've never seen a coastal of that coloration but I haven't been in herps very long.

Keep checking back as someone will come along with answers for you.

Here's a young Coastal that turned up in a clutch a couple of years back. It was a twin (from the same egg). As you can see it looks very similar to the one you have. Some class them as a red hypo however quite often the black markings become more predominant as they get older.

I've found that juveniles of this nature appear to be reasonable common in Morelia around the Mid to Far North Coast of NSW.

Hypo Morelia 1 Photo by mandrakis | Photobucket

Cheers,

George.

Thanks for the bump Woma, I have had my rl for quite a while but only ever owned eastern beardies which don't get quite as much handling as they used do.

Struth George, that is really similar, any chance you have photos of him now? As his melanin has developed? Hopefully I'm using the right term there.

How old was it in that pic George? That's the one that was Nat's snake isn't it?

Hi Joerg.

It wasn't very old, probably just a couple of weeks. I'm not sure if it was the one in Nat's room or the one I gave away.

George.

It's such a shame that Nat's didn't survive the RI, it was shaping up to be a stunner. I'm guessing, like my Darwin, that Aidos' snake will develop it's colours and pattern more over the next 12 months. If so Aidos, you'll end up with a ripper of a snake.

Many young coastal carpet pythons will look like that. The snake is not a morph and will likely become "normal" in the next year.

Yes, it's a coastal.

Looks like what I've been told is a peppered Hypo Coastal, my coastal hatchling isn't peppered but similar colours to yours
by2ysyzy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back