Snakes and mice near each other

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelPivi

Reaction score
Hi there. I’ve been wanting to get a carpet python for awhile now but last week my housemate came home with 3 pet mice. Her door is 3 meters away from my door and I was wondering if I’d still be able to get one or if it’s a bad idea now that there’s mice nearby? Will the python be constantly in hunting mode, is it just a bad idea to get one now?

Sounds like a good idea - you've already got some emergency food available should you need it. ;)

Others here will be able to give you a far better answer than what I can - but from what I've seen on youtube in regards to scents and trying to locate a escaped snake - being in a different room especially down a hallway - so there's effectively 2 rooms different, I don't think you'd have much of a problem. As said - this is a laymans thoughts - hopefully someone else will chime in with more experience than me.

Sounds like a good idea - you've already got some emergency food available should you need it. ;)

Others here will be able to give you a far better answer than what I can - but from what I've seen on youtube in regards to scents and trying to locate a escaped snake - being in a different room especially down a hallway - so there's effectively 2 rooms different, I don't think you'd have much of a problem. As said - this is a laymans thoughts - hopefully someone else will chime in with more experience than me.

Hahah very true!
Thanks for the help :)
[doublepost=1568621765,1568621690][/doublepost]
I keep my mouse rack next to my snake racks. It makes no difference to my pythons

Ok, that's good to know. Sounding like it'll be ok! Thanks heaps. :)

If they're in different rooms there won't be an issue. Some people even keep snakes and large rodent colonies in the same room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back