beardie burrow

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how many eggs were there and good on ya man,well done!!!!Makes it all the more worth while hey. :twisted:

thats so good for you!... congrats
i love it when they take you by surprise.
you can move beardie eggs up to 24 hours after being laid without fear of tilting hurting the eggs. put a small dent in the vermiculite and dont spray directly onto the eggs. some eggs can look like raisins and still have live young. dont throw any out.

our vitticeps has laid over 30 eggs each clutch. one of ours had another fertile 18 egg clutch not long after a big one.
does everyone else have the same experience with clutch size? ?

they should be at least 18 months old with one brumation before breeding. thats what ive read and its logical.
baby beardeds are eating machines.

Mudmum

I can see the Herpshop's sale of live roaches going sky high! Congratulations, Nev! Can I be Godfather to 'em? :wink: I can just see your mum saying, " I said you could have TWO!!!!! NOT DOZENS!!!!!!!"

she will be fine, they are quite good burrowers, think of the babies in the wild that have to dig their way to freedom

there could be another clutch coming your way soon, mate!
beardie can have more than one clutch a season!!
good luck!!

oh i hope it isnt too soon... lol... oh the pressure the pressure :? lol... i have got 13 eggs and both my beardies are about 30+cm from head to tail although are only about 11-13 months old... i couldnt stop them mating... n only just gotta new cage so couldnt separate them at the time...
ta again guys n gals
nev

oh n lutzy yes u can be the god father... lol... but i might need a bit of help as i need some where to put them once they hatch... hint hint lol...
nev

That is so cool... Your beardies would be roughly the same age as mine... I am gonna try next season so I have to get them a gf each... keep us posted!!! Good Luck...

I was also thinking that mine were really small for their age but it is good to know that i'm not alone there either!!! I'm happy for ya!!! :)

I think it can be anywhere between 55 and 90 days depending on temps and stuff. I have also heard that if you breed females younger than 18mths, it can shorten their life span by a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back