beardie burrow

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neven

Reaction score
hey guys me beardie has just started burrowing... i have put a 400x200x200 bucket in there enclosure full of garden soil... she has burrowed a really deep hole almost to the bottom and about 250 long n am worried about it collapsing on her while im not at home... is there any thing i can do to help prevent it collapsing if it will at all...
i thought about spraying the soil with water but then thought that would make the soil heavier and more likely to collapse...
any thoughts?
nev

it wont fall and if it does it wont harm it at all unless its like a realy small beardir like hatchie

Neven, I doubt you have anything to fear,
Think about how they start their life! They are born from an egg buried in the ground, they have to dig their way to the surface to begin life.

OMG I HAVE EGGS
wat do i put them on??? i mean in the incubator??? cos a book i have says vermiculite or perlite... wats is that???
is there a time limit that i have to get them into the incubator?
nev

lmao, I wondered when you said she dug a burrow!
Do you have an incubator?

yeh... got the temps all rite... and i just went n got some vermiculite... i put the same weight of vermiculite as water yeh?
nev

Yeah, maybe a little less WATER. Try 40% water, 60% vermiculite by weight. 3/4's bury the eggs.

let us know how they go nev if you look at selling the hatchies im just around the corner...

cheers
Matt

yeh mate will do... alrite so once i got the vermiculite all ready... chuck in the eggs... well place... with out turning.. then in the incubator at 28 deg... ny thing else i need to do?
like spray then wif water or ny thin?
nev

alrite so i have 150 grams of vermiculite... and 40% water which is another 60grams yeh???
nev

Once a week, and only once a week, open the airtight container, wave your hands around on top, and then stick the lid back on. If any egg is looking dehydrated (sunken), spray a little bit of water around it on the vermiculite.

not sure... not diggen em all up till i have this vermiculite right... lol... i have 100 grams of vermiculite... how much water should i put in? lol
nev

i have now got 13 eggs... yay... there all in the incubator and ready to go...
thanks for your help guys appreciate it..
nev

Well done buddy, sounds like you had a hectic time of it there for a while :) These are the things that help make herps such a great hobby :)

neven i am just wondering about the length of ur beardies which bred...is 30cm long enough to breed do ya reckon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back