When animals attack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think TV is that great anyway (numbs your brain) and those crapy shows, when animals atack or good pets go bad....hyped up american crap

While I am not a person who gwts their jollies from seeing other people getting hurt. There was a segment I saw some time ago of a simple mided soul who daubed himself with elk pheremone. Horribly stupid but It did get a smile from me.
Survival of the fittest doesnt just refer to physical might.
Peter

what do they mean "attacked". she stepped on it

I didn't think they had stone fish or any poisonous or venomous creatures in the Cook Islands... ?? Anyone know for sure?

What we call the stonefish is Synanceia horrida also known as the esturine stonefish and is only found in inshore area so proberly wouldn't be found in the cook islands. The is, however, another species S. verrucosa which is found on reef areas possibly even the cook islands.
BUT
These are only two species of a common and wildspread family Scorpaeninie, of which allspecies have vemonous spines (notice I didn't say posionious) and mainly cryptic behavior. Cook islands must have at least a dozen species.

Thanks Fuscus. Before I went to the Cook Islands I remember reading up to see if I had to be on the look out for the likes of the creatures that inhabit our reefs that can be hazardous, you know, the blue ringed octopi, the cone shells, stone fish, box jelly fish kinda stuff. I found a few sources saying something to the effect that there were no deadly species of anything... luckily I never found any physical evidence to the contrary :)

Like I said, I'm glad I'm finding out from you over the net instead of through first hand knowledge when I was over there splashing around! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back