MEXICAN HEADING NORTH

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother my mother, uh, whats the phrase she isnt quite herself today!!
Muhahaha

Cmon Sydneysiders how about a few suggestions for places to stay in October.

OK
people who like to stay in motel in Sydney.
I would sugest that you guys do get together here in the thread and stay in same place. That way you can share taxi to zoo and pay just small fee.

Sounds good to me Slatey, just need a few suggestions on good places to stay.

Manly Pacific Parkroyal is a good Hotel
Also Slightly cheaper is the Manly Motor Inn but not so good

If ya staying in the City there are heaps of good Hotels there, best bet is to grab the RACV members travel accomodation guide, free to members and has all the hotels motels and caravan parks you need.

Thanks for that Affro, good to know i can rely on someone from Melbourne to help me out when im visiting Sydney :shock:!! lol.

There were also no power restrictions Fuscus! My first car was a heavily modified V8 Ford. Boy did I love that car - now I have to put up driving foriegn people movers LOL

Sorry I can't advise with accomodation situation, but when you're originally from Queensland like I was, you'll still be in Mexico LMAO

I can put up a maximum of 3 people for the zoo weekend, so book in early cause the places will go quickly.

Free of charge of course. Just pay me in beers and pats on the back.

Talk to me Sherms, if there is enough room to park my bike up safely ill be happy to let you help me drink beer, i dont know about pats on the backs i been reading some interesting things here and i dont wanna cut Sams grass :roll:

For those of you that can't get into Sherm's place (or don't want to stay at Sherm's place), there's the Buena Vista Hotel just down the road from Taronga in Mosman. It's mainly a pub - and a lot of the zoo staff often go there after work - but they have some rooms upstairs. You might be lucky and fine one with a bathroom.

A bit more upmarket is the Cremorne Hotel (formerly known as the Metropole), in Cremorne which is 2 or 3 kms from the zoo. This is where the zoo puts up visitors from other places that the zoo has invited over for whatever. From what I've heard, it's a good hotel/motel, and it's right in the heart of Cremorne - IGA supermarket, butcher and newsagent on the ground floor, shops all around, movie theatre literally right across the road. Also on the ground floor is the Lounge (like an upmarket pub), and on the second floor is a piano bar, pool hall and a nightclub on weekends. Another place zoo staff are known to frequent.

As Afro has already said the Manly Pacific is very good but very expensive, as are many of the hotels in Manly. Manly is a 20 minute drive from the zoo and is a major tourist and backpacker destination so there is no shortage of places to stay. Lots of pubs and one hell of a nightlife. Plus there's the beach. Haven't looked at hotels in Manly so the RACV accomodation guide (or NRMA version for NSW members) should help you out with your selection.

Hope this helps.

Hix

i'm considering staying there too now......
anyone up for a BIG weekend?
tell me what you like and i can organise a nice nightlife for that weekend..... :twisted:

africancichlidau said:
Hey, is the Manly Boatshed still going? Had some FUN times there :)

oh no.....i don't want to know!

Hey Bry, yeah!
The zoo day has to end in a night out - let's make it happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back