Frilled Neck Outside In sydney for Summer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjohnson64

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Team,

Just after some advice regarding my Frilled neck. I am going away for a short trip and wanted to leave him in the outdoor enclosure for a bit of time in Jan/Feb. How will he fare in these conditions. sydney can have cool (only 15 degrees) days in Summer. We can also get 40 degree days.

I gave him a doy out on Saturday when it hit 35 degrees. I know he had been in hotter in his cage. It's just that when I got him down from the wire (he merely climbs to the top and stays there for hours) he was very lifeless. I put him back in his cage and he came good in about half an hour. He has been out before on hot days but he is always hyperqactive when i go to take him in, hissing and tail whipping etc.

Or should I let him stay in his 4x2x2 for up to 2 weeks? There will be plenty of water but no food...

Or do I get a baby sitter?

Thoughts?

nice frilly mate ummm im not sure i wouldnt be leaving any outside if your going away id be too scared someone will take them

id be too scared someone will take them

i agree with alby, i myself would be afraid. maybe if you could provide some sortof artificial heating that it would have easy access to, but being outdoors that is rather tricky...

Beautiful dragon you have there....answer c - you get a babysitter - and no don't leave him outside during summer, even if you're home - just take him out during the day for a couple of hours in nice hot weather when you can.

Simon Archibald

I agree with Simon, get a baby sitter, 2 weeks is too long for a lizard to go without food when they are not in brumation.

i will if u wanna pete dont pay me ill jsut do it to help a fellow herper out

ok mate well jsut pm me or somethng so i can call u and sort something out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back