Thank God for safety switches

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i had the same thing happen to me in my Murray darling enclosure, switch kicked in.

I pulled it apart and the wiring was all black and even the moutning block was all black.... must have been a long time coming.

yeah looking at the pic it looks as though the shrouding was cut to far back to me by the way it's burn out. One of the reasons for using ceramics is to help with heat dispersal.

does anyone know how much it costs
to have a safety switch installed.

i have a $40 saftey switch power board... eventually wears out, but i does the job.

nigmax said:
Fibro cement sheet, NSavage

Thanks, i take it it's better to use that than those thick wooden mounting blocks they sell at reptile shops...

I couldnt agree more about safety switches, i have one that triped, strangly the day after first reading this thread....... took me some time to find what was wrong where in the house and i tracked it back to a heat mat under a snakes pen, i have attached (i hope) a picture that i took of the mat after removal, this was on a timer to only run durning the night and on a thermostat so as not to get too hot, and it only got to a max of 28deg anyhow acording to the packaging. mmm was i impressed, safety switch well worth the few hundred dollars in my mind.
cheers
chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back