spotted python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie-anne

Reaction score
I've been looking around for my next buy and have been drawn to the cute little spotted pythons.
I don't know much about the species at the moment and would like to find out a bit more before I find a breeder and make a purchase...

Do any of you have a spotted python in your collection? what sort of tempermant do they generally have? are they good handlers? good feeders? what sort of setup would i need for a hatchie?

I know every snake is different, i'm just trying to get a general idea before i make a decision... oh, feel free to post pics of your spotted! :D

Spotted Pythons

I cant rate them enough - I chose a spotted as my first snake and have never looked back. I actually went for the blonde phase and she is getting more stunning as she gets older.

She has a lovley temperment and is a great eater but im sure it wil depend on where you get them from. I got mine from Shane Scarff (Sydney) and would recommend him if you were interested in getting a blonde mac - he also has the normal macs and im sure they are just as good. I have attached a picture of my little girl Josie

Good luck

beautifull spotted you got there... i got 2 spotted pythons, they are the 2 best snakes i own... beautifull temprement, 1 of mine is an excelent feeder, my hatchy is a little harder to get feeding but he does the deed in the end, both mine are "blonde" form but arent as "blonde" as that is mine have a lighter brown as opposed to white

I picked up a little Blonde Mac last weekend...

He's been great! Although pee'd on my twice now!! :shock:

He bit my little four year old cause he was holding him too tight and he dropped him on the sofa...freaked him out a little but fed about 10 mins after so he doesn't seem to effected...although he is a little more defffensive now.

He feeds well and seems to enjoy his click clack...I recommend them.. :D

they are good snakes im minding my cousins for him and they seem too be do well though i dont handle my snakes much

Gecko_ProCs said:
these are some great looking snakes
how big do the get????

As far as i know they are on the smaller side (compared to carpet pythons and the like), i think they grow to around a metre.
Though, like i mentioned above, i don't know awhole lot about this species yet so don't take my word for it...

After seeing more pics and hearing what people have to say about them, i think my next buy will definately be a blonde mac :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back