Official Best Reptile Photo Competition

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zen

The official Best Reptile Photo Comp is now open!

It's essentially the same as before, though there's a prize this time, a $50 cash prize, thanks to the courtesy of APS. :)

Please PM entries to Zen or Soulweaver for sorting.
Soulweaver will delete any photo that is posted in the thread.
They will be posted in groups of 20 (due to poll limit) in order of appearance, for you all to vote on.
There will be a playoff of all groups at the end of August, when a winner will be decided by a final poll - the Peoples' Vote.

I would like to dedicate this comp to David Lutz, for all his hard work on APS over the years and his assistance in helping to set it up. Thanks Lutzy 8)

If you have any questions or need help reducing pics, feel free to PM Zen or Soulweaver.

Here's a few rules to ensure a fair contest:-

#1 - It must be your own original photograph! (the exception being, that if you share rights to a pic or the photo was taken collaboratively or on your behalf). To make it fair & for copyright reasons.
- The specimen does not have to be owned by you, though e.g. it could be a wild specimen, a friend's or a zoo animal.

#2 - Pic must be of a certain standard size or we will reduce it or blow it up to the right size (approx. 800x600). This is essential to level the playing field.

#3 - Voting will be done as a poll. Please vote for the best photo, not the animal you like the look of the best.

#4 - Only one photo can be submitted per person, so please choose carefully.

#5 - The winner of each round will go into a final playoff round.
- The winner of the final round will be the overall winner.

#6 - In the event of a tie, the winner will be worked out by the photo competition committee. In the event of a hung committee, Lutzy will be called upon to decide the best pic.

#7 - Voting for yourself will forfeit your entry into the competition. Please do not vote for yourself, tempting as it might be. :lol:

#8 - Enjoy!

Well folks we've already got our first entry and it's a ripper, so keep 'em coming.

We've got some more great shots 8)

I forgot to mention that for educational purposes & increased viewing pleasure...
please title your work with the species name.
Bonus point for the Latin/scientific name if known. :wink:

Thanks, zen

#2 - Pic must be of a certain standard size or we will reduce it or blow it up to the right size (approx. 800x600). This is essential to level the playing field.

Approx 800x600??
Do you mean it must be 800x600?
What's the point of having an "approx" required size?

Thats the only way I get a vote
:lol:

Approx 800x600??
Do you mean it must be 800x600?
What's the point of having an "approx" required size?

Just in case someone has a pic of different dimensions, eg, if they've cropped an original. In this case 800 would be the longest side.

So far I have 9 entries and there's some superb pics amongst them. 8)
This comp is already looking really good folks. :D

Keep 'em coming.

Feel free to ask any questions that are not answered in the original post.

Congrats on winning the $50 Pugs :lol: :wink:

Yeah Jordo, Pugsly's put in a brilliant shot (as always).
He's got some really stiff competition in this round though!
It's not in the bag yet. Early days still.

Yours is a ripper too mate :)

This first round is shaping up to be terrific. 8)

LOL Thanks Jordo, I think this one is going to be the best yet (Competition) so it doesn't worry me who wins as long as there are some terrific photos in there im looking forward to seeing!

Please PM entries to Zen or Soulweaver for sorting.
Soulweaver will delete any photo that is posted in the thread.
They will be posted in groups of 20 (due to poll limit) in order of appearance, for you all to vote on.
There will be a playoff of all groups at the end of August, when a winner will be decided by a final poll - the Peoples' Vote.

Have a look at the first post on this thread for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back