all time greatest/favorite movie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
impossible to pick a favourite fim, like books and music they depend on the mood.
A few all time favourites are Housekeeping by John Forsythe.
To kill a mockingbird.The first two Hal Hartley features Trust and The unbelievable truth. The Passenger by Antonioni. The scene in the motel is pure magic. No cuts, no computors, no added effects. Pure cinematic genius. I love the opening scene of Lawrence of Arabia. David lean wanted to make it longer but was scared the audience wouldnt be able to handle it.
Kubrick's Doctor Strangelove and The Shining, Arsenic and old lace with Cary Grant. Apocalypse Now, and on and on and on

I also liked Aliens, most war movies like Platoon, The Longest Day, Battle of the Bulge, Saving Priavte Ryan, Sink the Bismarck and pretty much every film John Wayne was in. I also like Silence of the Lambs, Copycat etc and like movies like Police Academy.

Simone.

pulp fiction
gone in 60 seconds original
desperado
waterworld (most people dont like that one)
Pirates of the caribean and the 2nd one wasnt overly bad
was thinking of godzilla but then i remembered that was a movie that made me cry
and didnt mind lord of war
thats all i can think of atm

M3R- gotta agree with you- Delirious is hilarious- I've seen it easily 50 times...still LMAO!

Any Billy Connolly DVD gotta be in there too...I just love him. Oh, and Straussman. Too funny.

lilith said:
I have lots of favourite movies, here's one I don't think has been mentioned - Lord Of War

I have to admit, Lord of War was not a bad flick. Pretty damn accurate about the trading of weapons on the international market. (Don't ask me how I know about this.)

Fight Club
Star Wars
Spinal Tap
Pump Up The Volume
and most Marvel Movies.....except Hulk

I'm not even going to bother naming movies, way too many but I love anything by Quentin Tarentino, Robert Rodriguez, Kevin Smith, Marvel Comics, Adam Sandler, Mike Meyers and many more I can't think of right now because I had to get up at 5 am on a Saturday. :evil:

Lets just say that my DVD collection is the only thing that grows faster than my reptile collection.

dammit i forgot fight cub and go the guy who liked serenity best movie everin comic book guy voice

I know i'm a big poof but.... Practical Magic... i love it, could watch it a million times.

and on a more manly level, Starship Troopers!!!!!!!!

Anything Monty Python.
Mel Brooks rocks. Well called nvenm8. ;)
And subtle British comedies.

For a swing of adventure, a pinch of almost romance and dashing heroes, look to Serenity or Silverado.

Whiskey Galore, Passport to Pimlico and all those old Ealing comedies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back