Updated Pics of Homer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adandiluvsmyreptiles

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
As requested by Chris1 :)

Also included some pics of our new hatchies.

Attachments

• 100_6876 (Large).jpg
    100_6876 (Large).jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 100_6875 (Large).jpg
    100_6875 (Large).jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_6885 (Large).jpg
    100_6885 (Large).jpg
    139 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_6868 (Large).jpg
    100_6868 (Large).jpg
    85 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_6873 (Large).jpg
    100_6873 (Large).jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
2 different hatchies. We have another who is a few weeks older than those two also. Here he is.....Freddy :)

Attachments

• 100_6870 (Large).jpg
    100_6870 (Large).jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 82
Lounge Lizard. Lazy Homer.

Attachments

• 100_6879 (Large).jpg
    100_6879 (Large).jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_6878 (Large).jpg
    100_6878 (Large).jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_6883 (Large).jpg
    100_6883 (Large).jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 87
frillies are thenext large dragon i'm going to purchase, they r lookin good tennille

They are a great Dragon to keep, I love looking after them, Teni is just the great photographer!! She takes great pics!!! Homer has put on so much weight since we got him, his hip bones are no longer visible and you can no longer feel his ribs. They go through heaps of food though!!!

hes good looking, will be good when you manage to breed them

Adam and Teni- shed some light on the way you keep these Dragons please....

They all look terrific and in Prime condition.

Thanx Rocket, I keep them at 32 degrees 24 hours a day for the hatchies and 12 hours a day for the adult, they have water dishes big enough to swin in, they like a bit of a dip now and then. Plenty of woodies and crickets. The adult gets silkworms and pinky rats to keep him solid. They get 12 hours a day of UV light from repti 5.0 fluoro's. Lots of love for them and thats about it. They always get patted and spoilt with affection. They are by far my favourite in all of our collection.

Thanx, they are spoilt a bit LOL, but I think they are worth it!!!. The hatchies are in a 900x300x300 enclosure and the adult is in a 6 foot x 2 foot tank. When I get a female adult they will probably get an avairy to run around in. I let Homer out all the time to roam around the lounge room. He is very tame, it was so hard to get him to put his frill up!!

Just got my Permit upgraded to allow them so i think its time for me to get one LOL.

Are they really as difficult to keep as alot of keepers make them out to be?

No way,, they are easy!!!!!! I have found them to be the easiest Lizard we have!!! You need to accomidate their needs and they settle in just fine. I have 2 breeders I am in contact with. One of them will have hatchies hatching next week and the other will have them ready in May. I am looking to get a couple more. They are such a great pet. The guy I got my Adult from here on the Gold Coast is a herp Demonstrator and he couldn't get it eating, he had it for 3 months and had to sell him as he wouldn't eat. I think it was because he was in a room with Inland Taipans and he could sense them, he could also see an Adult Spencer Monitor from his enclosure!!! The first 5 minute of having him home he ate 5 fuzzy mice out of my hand!!! I think you need to give them somewhere that they can't see or sense anything that will be a danger to them, then they are fine. I suggest getting one for sure!!!! I can't get mine eating vegies though.

great pics,
i'd also like to know them a bit about them as theyre on my to get list one day.

hey ad and teni.. Homer is looking really well. great job guys on getting him back to good condition..and those hatchies.. cute as little buttons.. love em..
xoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back