Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaZeDragoN

Reaction score
Are coastal carpets a good first snake??
How much should someone pay?
And whats their max growth?
Plus what enclosure size is needed?

Sorry for the twenty questions

there are really good for a first snake. i wouldnt pay more than around 150 180 for it. maybe even a little cheaper. they grow to around 8-10 foot and i think females grow larger, and im getting a 4 foot encloser for mine but when its a hatchie you might just need to get a click clack or have heaps of hides in your big encloser.

I think you should just save up for the jungle you want so badly, instead of buying something that you most likely won't like as much, then having to save up more and wait longer for your jungle. :lol: :lol:

i payed $180 for my coastal and it the best looking coastal around!!!
wouldnt pay more ythen $200 for a coastal,a fully grown coastal will get 10 foot or more,there cage should be about 4 foot or more!

there are really good for a first snake. i wouldnt pay more than around 150 180 for it. maybe even a little cheaper. they grow to around 8-10 foot and i think females grow larger, and im getting a 4 foot encloser for mine but when its a hatchie you might just need to get a click clack or have heaps of hides in your big encloser.

Thanks man.. so thats reasonably big ay?
I'm asking as this supplier is selling Juvies for $185
I'm just after something small for my first any ideas?
And i realise a hatchling and juvie of any species will be small for some time.. so yeh i'm thinking in the long run
Umm What about a childrens??

Thanks man.. so thats reasonably big ay?
I'm asking as this supplier is selling Juvies for $185
I'm just after something small for my first any ideas?
And i realise a hatchling and juvie of any species will be small for some time.. so yeh i'm thinking in the long run
Umm What about a childrens??
yep a chilren would b great
or a spotted python

childreni is a great first snake.

just have a think too about the future, do you want a larger snake? if so get both :)

childreni is a great first snake.

just have a think too about the future, do you want a larger snake? if so get both :)

Yeh i'm thinking of this as more of a test run.. i'm sure ill expand in the future.. know of any suppliers.. i'm looking and not finding

Can i even ask that in this forum:|?

Cheers

I actually think a coastal would make a better first snake than a Jungle.

In general not only are Coastals very hardy captives they usually have a good temperament when handled. Jungles on the other hand can have a good handling temperament but this is much rarer.

As for pricing the range is from about $150 to $220. The difference here will soon be made up in the cost or food etc. For a first snake I would be focusing on handling, looks, relationship with the breeder (for the inevitable questions) rather than the price.

True Childreni Pythons 7 months old, 45 cms long. Excellent feeders on pinky mice or pinky rats (live or thawed). Beautiful patterns available. Excellent handlers. Multi generation captive bred pythons, selectively bred from quality parents for temperament, colour and overall health. All pythons sold in own cage and equipment with full feeding history. Pythons suitable for the beginner to future breeders. All advice and assistance on keeping and breeding available. Delivery available.

that sound good to me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back