Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunatly when they drop to class 1, price with go up with the increased demand

DECC told me that womas will not be reclassified as class 1 and it is purely rumour.
They are still endangered in the wild, regardless of how numerous they are in captivity.

by the way - those spotted womas are awesome :)

ppl r talking about them being reclasified in nsw though Iozza

Lozza - I will be VERY surprised if that will remain the case for long...of course they are endangered in the wild but their captive numbers are at a point where most breeders will have to STOP breeding them or euthanase hatchlings as the demand will become very limited...unfortunately the number of people licenced to keep them is significantly less than the number produced each year due to the ease with which they are kept and bred in captivity...and most of those licenced people already HAVE their share of Womas...

We live in interesting times. Good luck with your efforts.
Banana yellow!!

Lozza - I will be VERY surprised if that will remain the case for long...of course they are endangered in the wild but their captive numbers are at a point where most breeders will have to STOP breeding them or euthanase hatchlings as the demand will become very limited...unfortunately the number of people licenced to keep them is significantly less than the number produced each year due to the ease with which they are kept and bred in captivity...and most of those licenced people already HAVE their share of Womas...

Euthenase hatchlings? Are you for real? They are still going for $1000 each, when that price drops to $50 then maybe people will stop breeding them.
People in Qld, Vic and SA can keep them on a basic licence, that's a hell of a lot more people than the ones in NSW that need a class 2 (and are too tight to pay the extra to get one).

Euthenase hatchlings? Are you for real? They are still going for $1000 each, when that price drops to $50 then maybe people will stop breeding them.
People in Qld, Vic and SA can keep them on a basic licence, that's a hell of a lot more people than the ones in NSW that need a class 2 (and are too tight to pay the extra to get one).

Couldn't agree more, people don't euthanaize macs or coastals and they they sell for alot less then womas. But you need an advanced in Vic for womas not basic;)

Magpie - I agree I was pushing the hypothetical too far to make a point - with a limited market something will have to give...

I actually think the main thing restricting ppl from getting womas is their price. 2yrs isnt long too wait to keep them.

Really nice Woma mate. I'd say patternless Womas will almost certainly be produced within the next few clutches from this line.

Got pics of what the Rabbit Flat locality womas look like?

Couldn't agree more, people don't euthanaize macs or coastals and they they sell for alot less then womas. But you need an advanced in Vic for womas not basic;)

I didn't know that.
You need an advanced / class two / endorsed licence to keep RBBS in all states and they are also very easy to breed. Solution? Sell them for $50 :)

But in Vic the advanced licens is given out no questions asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back