:)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That pic has come up in every live feed arguement.

All i can say about that is if you are stupid enough to put a large rat in with a snake that size your a tool and know nothing about keeping snakes.

99% of the time live feed will not cause any problems, i had a darwin a few years ago that would only eat live prey and not once did it get injured.

I just thought it was disgusting that someone would pull the teeth out of a rodent before feeding.

Look I agree. Live food is dangerous!!!!! Some fussy eaters only eat live and I own a few of those snakes. I have nearly starved a few to near death before weakening and feading live. I ALWAYS watch untill the food item is dead and after seeing that snake,now do you see y I cut teeth of big rats and mice, mind you I do not do this to every rat I feed, only if it is really nasty and I honestly haven't done that since that post all those months ago.Look lets all stay off our high horses cause nobody is 100% right in these matters IMO. So lets agree to disagree and keep our snakes alive and out of harms way. So if you do feed live JUST WATCH THE SNAKE.

_popp_ said:
:p Slateman were on earth did you get the idea i was talking bout you,you must think alot of yourself if you think ive got nothing beto do with my time than sit here & wait till you post n pick it apart.I was merely making a comment as i thought MOST that commented never asked reasons behind feeding live,which to me should of been 1st question.You had no reason to mention my name in your post,i take it as a personal stab at me & once again not following rules,where did i mention in any form anything about you jan?I think it is more you that is out to put me down not the other way round.

WOW yes sir. Hambly apologize for adressing you by your nickname sir.
Did I atacked you or ofended you any way? If I did my apology sir.
Notice there is no nickname in this post. :shock:

Slateman said:
Popp read my thread properly. I am not saying that feeding life is bad. I understand that enything I say, will always have strong oposition from some people. I just expressed my own opinion on the situation when people do feed live mainly for enjoyment to see the kill. And many people do this becaose of that.
I did mentioned that one of mine snakes eat only live before. If there is no any other way, have to be done.
I don't think that I did to much damage to you in this post sir.

By the way No One ..... edited ...... I DON'T pull the teeth out so get you facts staight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cut them just like a vet would do to a rabbit!!!!

That is right Adam did explain this last time we discussed this topic. And again, I do not have anything against people who feed live. I am criticising just the people who feed live for the wrong reason.

Moosenoose, I'm with you on live feeding had a scary experience with my son's diamond a mouse, yes a mouse, bit her eye. fortunately only scratched it & came out with the next shed.

Funny photo though. Do you know that in the wild scientists have proven that prey actually release endorphens when caught & that it is an "enjoyable" experience to be killed. That's life folks.

I hate it when veggies get all indignant about meat eaters. Don't they know that carrots scream when they are dropped into boiling water.LOL.

I DO understand why herpers feed live to some snakes, some can be very very very stubborn about eating dead.

GEEEEZE Pinkie & Popp are you guys a missing something. Inconsistancies & over sensitivity here? What are you thinking????? LMAO!

i have to agree with slatey if ur snake wont eat pre killed food and the only alturnitive is live food thats fine by me but if u put a live mouse (not saying that anyone is) in with a snake just for personal satisfaction that could be conidered crule in the words of jim carrey slightly modified ur a mean kid sitting on a ant hill with a magnifing glass and its the ant

I'm all for the food chain.

Moosey darl. I would've liked a warning before seeing that. (like I didn't cry or anything - but 'twas a horrible surprise)
It was more distressing than seeing a stinky mouse scared for a second. (You now all know I really really really really really really really don't like mice.)

I've seen that and others like it before and well, it's 1 clear point for not feeding live and leaving your snake alone with it.
I think feeding live pinkies to the babies is fine to establish a good eating routine, except my 1st episode was when I found out those small embryonic things squeaked :shock: and the bigger 1s get scared and wet themselves. To a non lover of rodents that's really really really really really really really disgusting, I like to see them go fast.

But no live for my older girl who is a fine eater and hardly even constricts the rodent because she's as lazy as.
I'd feed live to wild snakes if they had to be released eventually - that's logic.
but feeding live and leaving it? That's just silly.
Em

hey Em, did you ever get rid of that disgusting dead turtle? :lol: or has it turned into a new lifeform lol

hehe - Inny -- I've still got it. :oops:
It's ugly little body shrunk away to nearly nothin', which is strange seeing it was supposed to be a preserved 1. The shell is intact. I wanna keep the shell.
I AM Earthmother ---- 'new lifeforms' is No. 11 in my job description.

You're about the 4th person to ask me if I still have it in 2 days ----- *making notes of who I can scare with it* Why does this creep out all you hardened herpers and daredevil livers of life? lol You ARE funny.

Em :twisted:

find a good sized ant nest, clean shell in no time. even an empty would creep me out, i like em live an swimmin. :wink:

Geez Adam
I had no problems with you mate even if you did cut rodent teeth out, i simply said i didn't like it.
If you want to take that to heart mate go for it, your choice ain't nothing you can say to me that will worry me.

If you want to say something bad enough to get edited mate don't be shy email me [email protected] or ring me 0408638982.

I now know what greg means by using smileys, people get cranky at the drop of a hat. :D :) :( :eek: :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :p :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:

I dont think that you can put anything above your health of your snake (except family etc.). So in turn i believe that under no circumstances should you feed a snake live food unless it will not accept frozen. An adult snake that has been kept in captivity his/her whole life has possibly lost some its natural instinct and therefore will not try and eat the rat. The rat will get scared and start to attack the snake.
Correct me if i am wrong but a snakes value will decrase if it has been scared in any way?

Regards Ether

Yeah no one I was being polite actually. Yes I do get pee'ed off when people can't get the fact's right!!!!! I DON'T pull teeth, only cut them if the rodent is nasty and we all know that some rodent are pretty bad. I had no probs with you either but please get facts right before you speak of me. I would ring you but what a waste of time, effort, and money it would be talking to someone who thinks I am wrong??? Like I said before I haven't cut teeth in a long time anyway.But if people keep ticking me off I might just go cut up some nice rat breasts of a live rat!!!! :twisted:

Whats the difference between cutting and pulling the teeth out? Wouldnt cutting the teeth out hurt more then puling because with cutting you would actually sever the nerve?

Regards Ether

Btw ther is no malice itended in this post

You didn't explain it, i still think it's harsh but thats my opinion.

You can't have been to nice mate or they wouldn't have editied your post, thats what i'm saying if you have something bad to say about me mate go ahead tell the world what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back