:)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally do not get enjoyment to see rodent to be killed by snake. But I understand that many people who keep snakes do keep them for that specific reason. They love the feeding time and they do have exiting thrill to watch it. I had few people who just visit me to see the animals asking me if they can see snake to kill. As I am refusing to feed live and hate to watch it my self, I refused and they was disappointed.
We human have some strange ways to enjoy our selves. I guess that some of us are more civilized then others. I do not trying to criticize anybody here, as I understand that nature is cruel and killing to fit in food chain is normal. I just think that is wrong to get satisfaction by watching it. Yep. I think that people who enjoy this are sick pups.

I have no problems with people feeding live prey, it has to happen sometimes, i just think theres no need to be cruel, like pulling teeth and so on. If it has to happen get it over and done with.

I agree with that fully.
What some people don?t seem to understand,
It?s not exactly nature to lock a mouse, or whatever the prey in an enclosure with a snake, as the poor little fella knows what?s coming.
In nature the attack is in surprise and spontaneous and death is
without anticipation.
Just my opinion.

:pDid anyone actually ask if it was a fussy feeder?or do we just all take for granted that if you feed live its for the owners amusement & hence they are deemed cruel.Could it possibley be that the snake might only eat live prey,i mean ive had snakes refuse dead but launch onto live straight away,i would rather feed live than let a snake die.The other way is force feeding & id rather try live b4 that. :p

Popp read my thread properly. I am not saying that feeding life is bad. I understand that enything I say, will always have strong oposition from some people. I just expressed my own opinion on the situation when people do feed live mainly for enjoyment to see the kill. And many people do this becaose of that.
I did mentioned that one of mine snakes eat only live before. If there is no any other way, have to be done.

Did you know that one of the main causes of malnutrition and fatigue of all predatory animals in zoos is namely because they are fed pre-killed prey, as the feeding of live prey to animals on display is deemed "publicly unacceptable" and is illegal. <Interestingly this does not include insects>

The animals aren't able to use the energy and the behavioural instincts they would usually be using in the wild and it ends up being very detrimental to the animal's overall health, mentally and physically.

I agree with Popp, I'd feed live before force feeding a snake.

I beleive animals in zoo's are kept mentally and physically stimulated in other ways for just that reason pinke. live feed before force feed AOK. but snakes in captivity just dont behave the same way they do naturally in the wild anyway. they cant roam over territory or encounter other creatures. as for insects, they are the basic eco machines, they cleanup carrion, and poo, pollinate plants and annoy the crap out of us. thats it. who cares about insects, as feed.(excepting fervent animal lib nutters)

Here we go again!! So simple, yet, lets get so worked up over it! The way I see it is some people have different morals on things. I 'personally' like to feed mine pre-killed because I believe it's not only a faster end for the rodent but 'SAFER' for the snake. Take the risks with live feeding if your feeling cocky! Forget about the mites & bacteria etc Think of the injury that can VERY easily be sustained to your snakes!

About the Insect. If fly sit on my face, I will slap and mash her hopefully. Roach sometimes is mashed by me too.
I still think that I am animal lover.
I would love to hear about the people who are so green that they live with roaches, flees or any other nasties in symbio. :p
I don't think that I and all of others are hypocritical.

Geez you people do tend to take things personally dont you! :)

"Can be seen as hypocritical" - this doen't mean YOU are, or that I think you are... Just that SOME might see it like this.

It was just a point of interest - FFS I am sorry for even typing in the first place :roll:

Chill out pinkster, nobodys upset. just different points of veiw. :D :wink:

:p Slateman were on earth did you get the idea i was talking bout you,you must think alot of yourself if you think ive got nothing beto do with my time than sit here & wait till you post n pick it apart.I was merely making a comment as i thought MOST that commented never asked reasons behind feeding live,which to me should of been 1st question.You had no reason to mention my name in your post,i take it as a personal stab at me & once again not following rules,where did i mention in any form anything about you jan?I think it is more you that is out to put me down not the other way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back