Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your faith?

• Catholic

Votes: 25 9.4%
  • Anglican

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Jehovah's Witness

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Other Christian

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • Muslim

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Other Eastern

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Scientology

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Other

Votes: 28 10.5%
  • Atheist/No religion

Votes: 158 59.4%
  • snake fanatic

Votes: 10 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I could pick at all of those points, but it's too hot ;) so I'll go with the 25th of December.

There is substantial evidence that Jesus was not born on the 25th, and that it was in fact one of the 'false teachings' prophised by Jesus himself.

Its way too hot in the room for me to type up evidence, so if you're interested I'll point you to this site. http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/was-jesus-born-on-december-25-faq.htm

NOTE: That link has nothing to do with JWs, so I'm not pushing my beliefs with this one :)

after this post ,which is now at page 34 ,now can you understand the wars of our world due to religion ..everyone has a significant point and no one is wrong ,as this is your opinion, but the heated moments it has caused during this post is amazing ...if this post can cause arguments and frustration ,now you may all understand it on a bigger scale world wide ....

after this post ,which is now at page 34 ,now can you understand the wars of our world due to religion ..everyone has a significant point and no one is wrong ,as this is your opinion, but the heated moments it has caused during this post is amazing ...if this post can cause arguments and frustration ,now you may all understand it on a bigger scale world wide ....

We must also remember that wars are created by governments, which are usually run by men!!

If women ruled the world, we'd just bitch behind everyone's back and throw a tupperware party..lol

Wow 34 pages, i havent read all of them just bits and pieces so forgive me if i repeat anything.
I am not a practicing catholic but was baptised one. i am not an atheist so I guess I am a fence sitter. I am quite surprised at the amount of atheists
Kane mortlock , i think you have been watching too much Eli Stone, was George Michael in the choir??? I believe nature talks to everyone and you can see some amazing things if you open your eyes to it. its up to interpretation, though and i guess you could think it was God:shock:
I also believe you can see spiritual things if you are open to it, i have seen some unexplained things usually after the loss of a loved one. which i believe is just a coping mechanism that is built in to our being to deal with death. A great experience nonetheless.
As for someone(cant remember who) saying we are put here to reproduce, I just wonder then about people who dont have children, is there life pointless??? :rolleyes:
I also believe in karma, i dont think bad people get bad karma because most of them just get away with the **** they do, but good people thinking bad things def get bad karma.
the other day watching the tennis i said to my partner "didnt that Jelena Dokic used to have a big mole on her face" I then went into the Austin Powers Molee molee molee. The next day i woke up with a huge pimple ( so big you can see it from the moon) in the same place where i think jelenas was. Bad karma for sure:D
I also believe there was a man named Jesus who walked the earth , the same as there was a man named David Koresh. They had their followers believing the same thing. the only difference being there was a lot of outside influence from the media in the david koresh instance.
the thing that happened in jesus time only happened in that small area in which they lived,a few countries, it wasnt a global thing.
My main belief is to live life everyday and be the happiest you can. If believing in God makes you happy then good for you.If there are people in your life dragging you down then get them out of your life. surround yourself with people that you have fun with. keep your family at a distance where you cant kill them when they annoy you.:D
Most of all keep in contact with your Mum and Dad, and your kids. even if they p*** you off.
In the words of Forrest "Thats all i have to say about that ";)

In all honestly Slateman, even though you are the site owner and my comment may well get me infracted, that is one of the rudest/offensive comments so far on this thread, and i expected better from you

If everyone else is respecting each others beliefs and acting like adults, why cant you?

You know that there are Christians on here and that they hold their Bible sacred, and yet you make jokes about swearing at their 'great holy book' !

here we go. So called peacefull religion. Grow up and try to help people around you. With or with out god you will do better than have a go on me.
It was just joke with out bad intention.
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

here we go. So called peacefull religion. Grow up and try to help people around you. With or with out god you will do better than have a go on me.
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

A great many of us have made jokes without bad intention in the past and 'suffered the wrath of god' round these parts before... :lol:

I totally agree with the point that some religions incite wars and violence. But do you think that if religion was absent from the world then there would be no war? Politics and governments are just as bad, if there were no religion this thread would be slagging off governments in power for 35 pages lol.

JW's do not vote, they have no involvement in governments. i dont know why religious men put faith in men ruling seeing this would be going against bible teachings. i dont understand why many athiests show so much hate towards religious people. the majority of religious people dont feel hate towards athiests?

JW's do not vote, they have no involvement in governments. i dont know why religious men put faith in men ruling seeing this would be going against bible teachings. i dont understand why many athiests show so much hate towards religious people. the majority of religious people dont feel hate towards athiests?

Most atheists have no problem with religious ppl, provided their superstitions dont cause trouble to others. JW's are pests that go around annoying ppl, they deserve any hate they get IMO. Personally i have never been bothered by one and i wouldnt let such pests annoy me even if they did come around here, i actually find them quite funny.

Most of the time i offer them a glass of water and they leave. they are doing what they are instructed to do. and its australian law that permits this, not just cos its written in a book.

I thought thats what they were being offered ! it was just from a hose pipe thats all !!;)

I happy for them to stand in the street proclaiming their religion, or perhaps advertise events in halls where people can attend if they choose to, but not knock on my door and annoy me ( its usually when im busy to!)

the Son of God and the Light of the World - was born on December 25
The Da Vinci Code

I'm glad you mentioned that abbott.....I thought that theory had been dissproved, just one way was... it claims the shepards were watching their flocks in the fields & in that part of the world its far too cold to have sheep out during the night in the middle of winter !

ERE slatey.... that aint fair....i made a joke with no bad intention about gillsy & got an infraction for it !!:?.....is it because my nose aint brown ??? <----thats another joke without bad intention too;)

Jay84....i was under the impression 99% of war had been caused by religion ??

Last edited:
In all honestly Slateman, even though you are the site owner and my comment may well get me infracted, that is one of the rudest/offensive comments so far on this thread, and i expected better from you

If everyone else is respecting each others beliefs and acting like adults, why cant you?

You know that there are Christians on here and that they hold their Bible sacred, and yet you make jokes about swearing at their 'great holy book' !

Bahaha..

He's site admin, in all honesty: who cares what he does. Without him and the help of others there wouldn't be this site, it wasn't a slur.

I'm a born and raised christian or catholic, been baptised and confirmed and such.. Don't really believe in it and never did, was more of a parental pressure sort of thing. I dont mind people of other religions as long as they don't go preaching or pressuring me into believing or something of the sort. I do not believe in God nor The Big Bang Theory as to how we were created also, but i do believe there is/was some greater 'thing' which created all and everything(sorta off topic =p)

well thats my 2 cents

I totally agree with the point that some religions incite wars and violence. But do you think that if religion was absent from the world then there would be no war? Politics and governments are just as bad, if there were no religion this thread would be slagging off governments in power for 35 pages lol.

I didnt say that all wars are religious base now JAY ...I am aware of other goings on ..my point was simply that this topic of religion in this forum can cause heated moments amongst APS members and this being only a fart in the jar compared to world wide basis ..it might give some incite of how easily wars are begun with just peoples different beliefs ..........;)...........and as far as slatemen with his bible joke .come on ....we all have heard of the swear on the bible crap ....ITS JUST A BOOK that some have faith in, some only see it simply as a book ...he didnt wipe his butt with the pages ...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back