Aussie Frilled Localities

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agamid_lover17

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I know of 2 localities of the Australian Frilled Dragons but I think I read somewhere that there were 3 localities? Is this true? I know of the Northern Territory and Queensland localities but no others. What are the differences between them?

I have a Frilled Dragon forum of my own and would love to know the differences so I could share them with my members (some of which have Aussie Frilleds)

qld - grey to blacking animals
NT - brown to red animals with a white spot on the frill
kimberlys WA - alot like the nt's
PNG

I have a PNG. Typically they are a dull grey color with yellow frills.

Here's some pictures:
IMG_6938.jpg

IMG_6011.jpg

IMG_6443.jpg

IMG_5781.jpg

Awesome looking frilly agamidlover! I'm assuming he's pretty tame, so how do you get him to frill up? My beardies just stare at me like I'm an idiot if I try to get them to go defensive!

I got mine tame by just spending time with him while he free roamed my room. I can't get him to frill up anymore unfortunately. I will be getting an Aussie Frilled in October I'm not sure the locality but I am thinking NT

Wow..
That frilly is amazing!

Ive never realy looked into adding a frilly to my collection.

Hard to look after?

The PNG ones sound like they are similar to the Nth Qld ones. In Cape York a couple of years ago I found a massive male that had the dark grey and bright yellow frill.

Having not really seen the NT ones properly I can't comment, but the Kimberley frillys are large and have alot of orange on their frill- sometimes the entire frill is bright orange. I've got some photos of babies on my Pbase. I'll upload some adult ones later on.

Wow..
That frilly is amazing!

Ive never realy looked into adding a frilly to my collection.

Hard to look after?
Depends on your level of herp keeping really. They have specific humidity requirements but shouldn't be difficult for people that live in their natural habitat. They do however require a large viv especially Aussies since they typically get larger than the PNG. I keep mine in a viv 6 x 3 x 3 feet which is min requirements for Aussies. PNGs can be kept in a 4 x 2 x 2 foot viv.

Temperament wise they tame down fairly nice almost as well as a central beardie.

Depends on your level of herp keeping really. They have specific humidity requirements but shouldn't be difficult for people that live in their natural habitat. They do however require a large viv especially Aussies since they typically get larger than the PNG. I keep mine in a viv 6 x 3 x 3 feet which is min requirements for Aussies. PNGs can be kept in a 4 x 2 x 2 foot viv.

Temperament wise they tame down fairly nice almost as well as a central beardie.

They also eat alot. More live insects and less vegetables so can be costly to keep.

QLD frilled neck,
I myself profer the NT colouration but the QLD's are very nice
crop008.jpg

Shane

Not so expensive to keep if you have a couple of woody colonies :D

Some pics of my NT frlly -

Chopper_1.jpg

Chopper_2.jpg

Chopper_3.jpg

Chopper_frill_scales.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.