Bredli Sudden Death =(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah night time in a draw to me dosent seem bad at all she went everywhere with me..(car,boat,bike,lounge,walks) whateva i did she came with me.... and stayed in an open draw when i went to sleep .. dosent mean 15 snakes where kept in draws and let to rome around freely as they please. Just because i kept 1 snake close to me at night dosent mean i cant care and look after my reptiles in proper healthy conditions. They where cleaned everyday in the bath and cages cleaned every 2 days with F10 Vetinary disinfectant. no matter if they crapped or not. Reason so many so quick i just got a random obsession with it and im close friends with my locale herp group president who also has over easy 40 so i just started collecting and when i like something else and or need some money ill simply sell a few to chosen people whom i think are fit to keep them with the proper licencing and so on and get anouther or move on ... i dont see why i cant do what i wont like use all do ? and my god not every rat i fed to my snakes where live jeeeeez. And ever thought about whats natural plus check my snakes there is not one mark or cut or anything so will everyone just **** off with there **** trying to say im a bad handler and so on.

I think you have misinterpreted my comment try rereading it with an open mind. I'm wasn't trying to have a go at you. Unorthodox means unconvention not bad. If I had meant bad I would have said it. I am not one to tiptoe around others feelings. As for my questions I was genuinely interested to know. I don't know many keepers that have 15 reptiles within such a short time. There are plenty of snakes I would want to keep but isn't practical in my two bed flat and I wouldn't want to part with any of my animals. When I bought them I made a 15-20 year commitment. I would not replace my dogs because I thought another dog was better looking. So why would I do it with a snake? Don't give me some excuse that you are not replacing them because in your ad you clearly stated you were making room for two olives. Now I'm having a go at you, in case you are confused.

Big Bang I have been pig hunting as well and I have no problem with the killing of feral animals. I do however have a problem with inflicting unnecessary pain when it can be avoided. Every animal deserves some respect. When I went the pigs were cornered by the dogs, who were trained not to attack the pig, and it was shot in the head. It was quick and painless and as humane as possible. As for nature that is different as the animals are in a eat or be eaten situation, our captive pets are not hence why live feeding is inflicting unnecessary pain on the feeder rats and possibly the snake.

Just cause live feeding is "natural" doesn't make it OK. I dont care about the cruelty side for the rat, but what about the risk to the snake? If you think live feeding is OK cause its natural how about putting your snake in the yard and letting the birds have at it? Predators are natural. Keeping snakes in captivity isn't natural, so that kinda voids that side of the live feeding discussion.

Just cause live feeding is "natural" doesn't make it OK. I dont care about the cruelty side for the rat, but what about the risk to the snake? If you think live feeding is OK cause its natural how about putting your snake in the yard and letting the birds have at it? Predators are natural. Keeping snakes in captivity isn't natural, so that kinda voids that side of the live feeding discussion.
i agree with ya on that mate, i only thought i throw my 2 cents worth in cos everyone jumps on the crulity band wagon.

Bugga.... I would love to have read all the stuff that got deleted :shock:

Sounds like you guys had this one pegged (pun intended) as a troll :rolleyes:

A snake that sleeps in a drawer? Maybe he choked on a jock strap? Feeding it rats with a peg on its nose? Wild! must have been a great story ;)

- - - Updated - - -

So, do you feed your snakes wild caught rats? Have you ever heard of parasites? You would need to be dam quick with the peg to get it in the gob of any of the wild rats around here :shock: they are viscious things.... god help any snake (especially captive bread snakes) that try to eat one.... they would be torn to pieces by an 'upset' wild rat :shock:

You keep bodies in your room :shock:

- - - Updated - - -

Wow? You took your snake in the car,boat,bike,walks?? Your licenses must be different in NSW? We arent allowed to 'display' our reptiles? The only time we can have them out of our premisis is to take them to a vet. You do have a license I take it? In NSW, are you allowed to take your snake into a shop or have it in public view say in your car or something?

Ditto here! Hopped on for a "quick" squiz, as the title grabbed my interest (I have a heart..... somewhere.... no, wait, forgot to put it in today! :p)

I am absolutely GOB-SMACKED, with what I've read (before OP decided to delete the rest!)! And why is that Fulmer? Afraid that what everyone else here has said is TRUE????? Not too good with constructive (and yes, a LOT has been constructive) criticism, are you?

You posted a VERY unusual thread, most people here have been doing this for a LOT longer than your "two years", and would, I assume "have seen it all"..... until now!

Good skills mate, sorry your snake died, but WHAT THE HECK DO YOU EXPECT???? Seriously?????

Adieu!

The comments were deleted because it seems that no one is allowed to have an opinion or their own keeping style on this site. I am defiantly not saying that all my snakes were kept like this. Cleopatra was the first reptile that got me interested and we had a strong bond- have none of you never had a bond with an animal? Cleopatra was an amazing python with a personality to match, we were very close- i suppose like a dog or cat. This is why she was treated so differently. I thought people on here would have the greatest understanding of a relationship between owner and reptile?

And asking if i feed my snakes wild rats is a joke.. they are all feeder rats and i obviously always observe the reptiles etc while feeding and make sure the snakes are not harmed in the process..

I posted this thread purely for the fact that i thought you guys might have some insight as to why she would suddenly pass when she was completely healthy.... i realize some of you think the keeping of ONE of my snakes like this is a little unorthodox but i did not expect to get completely bombarded with opinions on everything but the death of my bredli.
I may only have been keeping for a little over 2 years but i have some highly experienced mates who i often turn to for advice when i do not know what to do etc so i do not feel uncomfortable having so many snakes or buying and selling often. I adore my animals and give them the care that they need- i do not sell and buy so many for any other reason then that i am constantly fascinated and amazed by different reptiles and want to experience all of their beauty.

So instead of asking again, i will just wait for the autopsy -thanks again for the support guys.

me shut up ? no please, ladies first. There aren't pegs in the rodents mouths what so ever , so i don't know where you got that idea , mate.

i'd refer you to Fulmers post that said it, but he has deleted all of them so here's a copy of the quote from his post, please refer to post 23 and then STHU.

lol when it opens its mouth it bits it till its dead ... yeah i let all my snake eat pegs. obviously it lets go when its dead.. =/ this is weirdest forum iv ever been on.

sounds to me like its in the rats mouth.... Dunno how you kill your rats bodhi, but you seem to know a hell of a lot about it, or pretend to.

can't wait till you get the autopsy, i can garantee it had nothing to do with live feeding or that it slept in a heated drawer. in the pics of your snakes for sale they all look healthy and well cared for, alot better than some of the experienced breeders i have seen.

Last edited:
Drawer, the word is drawer, those things that you pull in and out that you put surplus items in,
(or snakes apparently).
Sorry about the pedantry.

i realize some of you think the keeping of ONE of my snakes like this is a little unorthodox but i did not expect to get completely bombarded with opinions on everything but the death of my bredli.
I may only have been keeping for a little over 2 years but i have some highly experienced mates who i often turn to for advice

So, what do your experienced mates think it died of?

I would pass on condolences, however I have no idea what happened or whatever, coz you deleted all the info :rolleyes:

I guess it has gone to that big draw in the sky?;)

Fulmer what were the results of the autopsy? Was it some sort of virus?

Rang my vet yesterday and he hadn't had enough time to get to the autopsy as of yet. He said he was booked up and he will be doing it today. Havent heard back as of yet i will ring again tomorrow at work and will leave a reply with the results.

Chances of getting a definitive result with an autopsy one week after death are quite small, even if you have stored the animal appropriately in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back