can a boyds water dragon and gippsland water dragon live together

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
seeing the result of a friend stupidly putting a beardy in with a gips. i would not do this.

Gippslands get to 90cm.
Boyd's get to 45cm.
Boyd's aren't WATER dragons, they're RAINFOREST dragons.

Last edited:
Mate no I wouldn't even try it.

Cheers Brenton

SVL is about 100-150mm difference however the over all size difference is massive. You will find that you have some very full and healthy water dragons and no Boyds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our male Gippy is around 75cm total length and still growing, he will eat anything that moves and is slightly smaller than him, except his girls! They have strong jaws that will easily dispatch any smaller lizards!

Our male Gippy is around 75cm total length and still growing, he will eat anything that moves and is slightly smaller than him, except his girls! They have strong jaws that will easily dispatch any smaller lizards!

really i was told when i bought my first one that they only get to about 60 with females being smaller. nice to no they no what they are talking about, i no they have strong jaws as mine have a good bite on them and they are still small been nipped a few times wile feeding. Thanks for the info

I have eastern water dragon hatchies in with jackie dragons and eastern water skinks, but its a large enclosure and everyone is well (over) fed, as soon as the size difference becomes apparent, the water dragons are going outside. My advice, if they are a similar size and well fed, go for it (im not sure about their habitats though, thought they req. different environments) but as soon as one outgrows the other they should be separated as per usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back