• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Childreni wanted in Brissie area

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleigh:]

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi, Im located at Caboolture, An hour north of Brisbane.
I'm looking for a Children's Python.
Please let me know if you have any for sale or know any breeders.
Thanks, Ashleigh.

hey, i just brought my daughter a childrens python from www.ultimatereptiles.com.au
$185 for the python and $50 for freight. i also live in brisbane and know how hard it is to get em. but for $245 a great python for a great price. check out there website. and shoot em a email thats all i did.
see ya.

Hi, yes there are about 10 at my local pet shop, but i have been told not to trust pet shops and they are also $280.
Thanks anyway, But i would be abit worried about freight and everyhting as its my first snake.

hey which pet shop do they have a few in. cause i know the reputation of most of them.
i can understand about freighting for first time snake. but, its only $245 with the snake and the freight. you should have a look.

They are called "Noahs aquariums & pets" i think.
They are located at the shopping centre in Caboolture.
Where abouts do you live?
Have you heard much about that pet shop because i am absolutely in love with one that is in there. Just a little scared as i have been told not to go for pet shops.

in all honesty. i have never brought a reptile from a petstore.
this childrens python i got my daughter was the first one i got from a petshop.
pet city at mt gravatt are one of the top ones for having badly kept reptiles
if u havent asked to hold the python u like already, ask to hold it. have a look at its eyes, make sure they look bright and healthy, make sure its breathing is good, u would notice a wheeze or cough, trust me its loud. have a look at its body, make sure there are no cuts. if possible ask if u can watch them feed it. but you should be pretty safe, it the enclosure they have it in looks clean and the snake looks like its in good condition, then chances are it is a good purchase. reptiles are pretty hardy animals.
i am in forest lake.

Yes i have held the snake i like quite a few times.
And that is why i like him so much, he is just so so placid & i had a look at the slip on his container and he has been feeding very good.
The owner that i have delt with everytime has 3 snakes of her own & has given very good advise.
She said he is her pick out of them all, but i dont know whether she would just be saying that to get me to buy him??
He has no cough or cuts or anything from what i have noticed.
Doesnt strike at all even when you go to pick him up, and he gets fed in the smae place.
He just seems ot be too good to be true???
What do you think?

if it was me i would buy him. i guess we all gotta take risks in life. if u are happy with what you see then it should be fine. especially if she has reptiles herself. most people wont give you a fiesty one if they know its your first anyway. but i would say go for it. they are a beautiful snake . but make sure you dont feed it in its enclosure, i made that mistake with my first snake quite a few years back. and she use to strike at me everytime i went in cause she thought i always had food. i have learnt my lesson now. haha

make sure when you do get it you dont put it in a huge enclosure cause they get stressed. my daugthers childrenis is about 30cm long the tank i have her in is about 40cm long, 20cm wide and about 20cm high.

Did you contact Craig Latta to see if he had the 2 females he was selling not long ago? I think you would be crazy to pay more for one hatchling snake than you would for 2 10 month olds.

If you know enough about snakes to see that the petshop is looking after the snake well then the only real downside of buying from them is the extreme price. The majority of petshops i have seen dont really know that much about keeping reptiles but all act like or think that they do.
A placid childrens python is normal, its not often they are snappy. Probably something like 1 in 10 maybe would be snappy.

Yes i did PM "Explanda1" if that is who Craig Latta is.
He hasnt replied but i see he hasnt been on since before i sent it.
Im very interested in his but i only want one, so i hope he will sell them seperate.

Where do you suggest i feed him then if not in his enclosure?
Just get a Clik Clak only to feed him in?
How long does it normally take for them to eat before i can put him back in his normal enclosure?
Thanks guys :)

Does anyone in Brisbane know any pet shops with either childreni, spotted or stimsons for sale?
Im located north of brisbane in caboolture.

I have some blonde maculosa incubating, hatchlings will be $250ea.
Should be some available mid-december,
very pretty pythons,
I, of course, am not the only breeder incubating eggs atm, wait 2 months and you will be inundated with choices, there should be some stunning antaresia available.
Pet shop versions are the same price for an ordinary python, you will get a stunner for the same money if you can wait,
Cheers
Adam.

Hi, thanks, but I cant wait haha.
It will be my first snake and I cant wait! I want it now lol.
Do you or anyone know of any that I would be able to get sooner than? from a breeder?

i was at the pet super store at stafford a week or so ago and they had heaps of lil snakes in there. i can't remember the exact price but the were over $200. u can always give them a call and find out wats there and the price before u drive down. they are really good in there and full of advice!

Most breeders would have sold all last seasons, a mate has started hatching some out already this season, it won't be that long before they are readily available.
Pythons live for 20 years, for a pet that lasts that long - waiting 2 months for a special one is worth it, 2 months in herping time is a tick.

Here is a pic of my girl that I have eggs from incubating,

also a pic of one of last seasons, different clutch to above mother but eggs incubating for them too.

Whatever you end up getting Im sure you will love him regardless, I was in Pet City Mt Gravatt last week and very impressed with how clean and presentable all the animals were, also freighting from URS is no big deal at all, they phone you with a connote number and time available from the airport pickup, no major harm or stress on the animal.
Cheers
Adam.

Attachments

• zfmaca3.jpg
    zfmaca3.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 38
  • zzIMG_7438.jpg
    zzIMG_7438.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back