culling a severely deformed p vitticeps hatchling

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aparently co2 is meant to burn, Some rodent breeder in the UK alegedly stuck his face in a tank full of co2 and he said it burned and was very painfull
Anyways the animal in question is dead now so whats the use of going on about it?

I've stuck my head into a container full of dry ice, to see if it would give me a high when i was in highschool. It didn't work lol. But it didn't burn either, so that's a load of crap.

more important issue here is look at your stock and possibly dont put the parents together next year to breed more mutants for you. may be they are very closely bred. do a breeding swap with someone .

It was humane, Im not even saying it was wrong that he fed it to the lacey
I'd just feel terrible seeing the lizard in my hand just before i smashed a hammer into its head
so i support Alex_c on the subject

Been reading this topic since last night, and honestly some of the arguments are ridiculous!
I know this is just repeating what heaps of other people have said, but shut up I'm gonna say it anyway! :p

The hatchy went out quick and PAINLESSLY. There was no panicky time, no pain or anything. It was just 'hmm' *lights go out*.
I am ALL for treating animals respectfully, and obviously a hammer to the head doesn't seem that respectful, but why is it worse than breaking its neck or any other quick blow to the head? The tool, instrument or method used shouldn't change anything as long as it was quick and painless.
Feeding to the lacey, again isn't the most respectful thing, but the hatchy was dead and its better to give the lacey a treat than to let the body rot IMO.

I could NEVER do it myself (I can't even spray a bloody cockroach with the bug spray :rolleyes:) but if it has to be done it has to be done, and thats why theres people who do it.

harden up. he put the little guy out of its misery. comparing it to suicided uncles etc is ridiculous. i sometimes hit lizards accidentally with the whipper snipper when i mow here. i feel sorry for them but i always finish them off.

i would hate to see/hear some of you if you had to work in a meat works!!!!!! how do you think they kill beasts there???? i can tell you right now there isnt any vet there giving them the green dream...... a swift bolt to the brain and its good night irene lights out and all over redrover

OMG... Some of you people need to grow up & face reality. Yes sometimes its crewl and unhumane, but Alex was doing what was best for the animal. Think about what would happen in the wild if something like this happend, it wouldn't stand a chance, and it would hav no means of self defence
GROW UP & GET A LIFE!!!

now sorry for all those who got offended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back