custom-built enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crikeymate

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Would love to get a custom-built enclosure made. I live in Melbourne any ideas, on the best place to start or who to see.

Have a search through the forums mate, plenty of enclosure makers about...

Snake Whisperer. Give him a pm great guy and he freights all over australia. cheap too.

man hes asking about vic, whisperer is in qld the freight would be near equal to the cost of it
granted whisperer is the best but not everyone can afford it but my advice is save up and get whisperer to make one his stuff is AWESOME
no help for vic tho sorry man just search ebay maybe...

So you're telling me he's in victoria and complaining about the price of the freight being nearly the cost of the enclosure itself but then you advice him to save up and get it?

So you're telling me he's in victoria and complaining about the price of the freight being nearly the cost of the enclosure itself but then you advice him to save up and get it?
yes i am, aaron makes easily some of the best i was letting the guy kno aaron is in QLD, then advising its worth the save up rather than gettingt a 5 mm thick malamine pos from some random
Jesus some people are touchy on this site

yes i am, aaron makes easily some of the best i was letting the guy kno aaron is in QLD, then advising its worth the save up rather than gettingt a 5 mm thick malamine pos from some random
Jesus some people are touchy on this site

I just giggled :)

IMG_0328.jpgIMG_0329.jpgjust build it yourself mate, then you get what you want.. i build all my own

where abouts in melbourne? and what size you thinking?

im building my own too its a lot cheaper that way too and yeah make it the way u want too as well

View attachment 166354View attachment 166353just build it yourself mate, then you get what you want.. i build all my own

If he could build his own , do you think he would need to start a thread asking for some one to build for him ???

If you cant find some one , try a local kitchen company or even some Mr Ply & Wood store will make the basic box for you .

I built my own ^_^ do it... it took me two weeks on and off. Now I have exactly what I wanted and it cost me about $200 or less all up. If you like I can help you do up a plan to get it done yourself. You can even have bunnings cut the wood up for you to save time and buying the equipment yourself.

nah dickyknee... I looked online at the QLD guy that builds enclosures and to buy what I made myself from him would have cost over a grand and it wouldnt have had all the extras I wanted. I wanted more glass for viewing. My design was more complex than his.
The wood cost me about $70 all up... then I needed to buy a drill because I didnt have one ($39). Bunnings cut all the wood. I paid about $20 for screws and bolts and liquid nails. $20 for the stain. $10 for hinges. $15 for brackets. $10 for mesh. $10 for aquarium silicone. I already had a staple gun. Glass was free from gjames glass as offcuts. But even if you paid for it from gjames its about $20 for a 90x60 piece of 5mm. :) but they throw out glass all the time. I will post pics once I put the glass in.

So... all up I spent under $200 even though I had to buy some equipment.

nah dickyknee... I looked online at the QLD guy that builds enclosures and to buy what I made myself from him would have cost over a grand and it wouldnt have had all the extras I wanted. I wanted more glass for viewing. My design was more complex than his.
The wood cost me about $70 all up... then I needed to buy a drill because I didnt have one ($39). Bunnings cut all the wood. I paid about $20 for screws and bolts and liquid nails. $20 for the stain. $10 for hinges. $15 for brackets. $10 for mesh. $10 for aquarium silicone. I already had a staple gun. Glass was free from gjames glass as offcuts. But even if you paid for it from gjames its about $20 for a 90x60 piece of 5mm. :) but they throw out glass all the time. I will post pics once I put the glass in.

So... all up I spent under $200 even though I had to buy some equipment.

I did say "most" and i'm talking professional quality cages ;)

I did say "most" and i'm talking professional quality cages ;)

Pfft no you werent... you said "good quality" not "professional quality" LOL ;)

Besides... its impossible for someone that is not a professional, to make a 'professional' cage by anal definition's default.

But if we are talking quality here, my cage is as good quality, if not better, than those one might buy from a pet shop or a 'professional' cage maker ^_^ its sanded, stained, accurately measured and designed. The materials safe for keeping beardies, the whole thing is on 50kg rated wheels so I can move it easily. Its design was created with my beardies and my personal preference in mind. I used quality materials as well. The thing could hold water if I wanted. It has more bracing than a 'professional' quality cage would making it sturdier for being moved around.
But whats better is, I got it the way I wanted it. Not the way someone else thought might look good... or couldnt do because fitting glass is difficult :p Or the shortcuts they often take when on a deadline to produce multiple pieces... in my opinion most make the cage look unfinished and make it difficult to access or view the animals.
I'll take my cage over a 'professional quality cage' any day ;)

So my vote is to make it yourself. Im sure there are heaps of experienced people on here that could help with design.

Its ok dicky :D You can admit you were wrong ;) :) I won't think any less of you.

Besides... its impossible for someone that is not a professional, to make a 'professional' cage by anal definition's default.

But if we are talking quality here, my cage is as good quality, if not better, than those one might buy from a pet shop or a 'professional' cage maker ^_^ its sanded, stained, accurately measured and designed. The materials safe for keeping beardies, the whole thing is on 50kg rated wheels so I can move it easily. Its design was created with my beardies and my personal preference in mind. I used quality materials as well. The thing could hold water if I wanted. It has more bracing than a 'professional' quality cage would making it sturdier for being moved around.
But whats better is, I got it the way I wanted it. Not the way someone else thought might look good... or couldnt do because fitting glass is difficult :p Or the shortcuts they often take when on a deadline to produce multiple pieces... in my opinion most make the cage look unfinished and make it difficult to access or view the animals.

So my vote is to make it yourself. Im sure there are heaps of experienced people on here that could help with design.

Its ok dicky :D You can admit you were wrong ;) :) I won't think any less of you.

Would you happen to have any pictures of this enclosure which sounds to be of exceptional design and quality?

Ok I am wrong , you are clearly smarter than me ..... now post up some pics of the cage .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back