custom-built enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enclosures can be cheap and they can be expensive its all about the quality of the craftmanship. My skills are not that flash and my latest enclosure will have cost me $1100 just for the wood, wheels, paint and glass. Given that the enclosre is huge and the glass being used 8mm its pretty cheap still. I would hate to think what it would cost to have it built.

I built a tank 1300x1300x750 with glass and electrics for 190.

My tank is 2m x 2m x 1.4m. I used 8mm laminated glass, 16mm MDF and wheels that will support 450kgs as the tank weighed 150kg with only the glass and wood.

I have seen the pictures of your mansion percey, its almost bigger than some of the hotel rooms I have been put in while working away.

My tank is 2m x 2m x 1.4m. I used 8mm laminated glass, 16mm MDF and wheels that will support 450kgs as the tank weighed 150kg with only the glass and wood.

:O holy...

amazing. yeah I hate to think what that would cost to have made as well! many many thousands. :|

The only thing I am unhappy about with mine is I first used a stain and varnish... I wouldnt do that again its too shiney. next time I will use a normal stain and varnish over top if I feel I would like more shine.

Next project will be an ackie enclosure... which I am thinking of trying to make as vertical as possible... so it will be a challenge to design it so the ackies have a decent amount of horizontal room but placed vertically, if that makes sense. :) it will be 80-90cm across and need two compartments to allow for more space. I live in a townhouse and have a big yard, they will have an outdoor enclosure, but want an indoor enclosure for them to spend the evening in and as juvies.

trying to find enclosures in melbourne does suck. I want to know a good place to get bank and rack systems from

Sea April ph 0422049441 MtMartha . l have 4 of his enclosures , all good . He also makes custom to your specs and is very reasonably priced .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back