Emaciated Central Netted dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
aww, the poor thing is so thin! :(

keep up the good work, im sure theyll love u for it! :p

Just got off the phone to the vet, the samples were negative for parasites
This is good and bad as i dont know if its something more sinister
The vet has reccomended feeding them up and if they dont start improving then he will run further tests

Well, thats good news to me.

Sound like a case of neglect by whoever you got them from.

Keep up the good work and keep us informed please

Man, I hop they get better for everyone. Seems that everyone is generally worried about them and i hope they get better for everyone. I feel bad for them and i just read the thread.
Good luck and best wishes for them and you Geckoman123.

That is shocking...... poor thing. I really hope all your time and patience pays off geckoman123

So if its not parasites what is the vet saying it is, or is he going to do further tests

The vet and I suspect poor husbandry
If they don't put on weight in the next week or two then more tests will be performed

They are alot more active today, they are still requiring force feeding but i noticed it was hard to feed them as the are getting more feisty
They are pooing daily what looks like normal poo and seem to be slightly improving

Update
The dragons weight the day after i got them (last Saturday):
Male: 32.26 grams
Female 9.46 grams

Both of these weights were not on an empty stomach so actual weight could vary

Today's weight:
Male: 33.08 grams
Female 9.66 grams

These weights have been taken on empty stomach after pooing

Both dragons are still not eating in their own but are getting more active by the day

Thanks for every one who has wish them well

Attachments

• 100_1249.jpg
    100_1249.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_1250.jpg
    100_1250.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 66
geckoman, you have for lack of a better word force feed for a few days now, could you please describe your method, and their acceptance of it, for those who are interested such as me
thanks

I get a 1ml syringe and draw up 0.5ml of hills AD (prescription cat and dog food)
I then hold the dragon in my left hand and grip either side of the base of the jaw with my forefinger and thumb
I then with my right hand use the tip of the syringe to lever the jaw open and squirt enough in to partially fill their mouth.
I then put them down so they can completely swallow it, then the process is repeated
The smaller one gets about 0.9ml and the larger gets bout 2.2ml (this amount will increase daily
Is that enough info?

If u have any more questions im more than happy to answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back