Enclosure for CC Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
be careful fixing the hides that way mags as I had my male lift a hide off the side wall that was fixed that way. Fortunately, although the snake and hide fell over three feet to the ground, no injury ensued. I immediately revised my fixing method by fitting to angle brackets to the side wall, fitting a 4.5mm screw and nut to the brackets and slotting the hide over this. A couple of 4.5mm wing nuts secures the hide in place and makes removal for cleaning quick and easy. Works for me :)
As for the rad heat panels why not make a few aluminium Z brackets and fix them to the top spacing them to allow you to slide the panel in and out? You could then fit a screw to stop the snake from being able to slide them out accidentally and you'd only have to remove one screw to remove the panel. Hope this helps. :)

Great idea on the Z clips phil.
Just curious, your hides had two holes shaped like 0= but vertical?
The head of the screw went through the 0 and slid into the =? Was it a big hide? Mine weigh between 1.5 - 3kg depending on size. Also, I have no branches directly under the hide. I'm certainly not trying to imply that what happened to your snake didn't happen, I'm just trying to make sure I don't have the same problem. :D

Oh yea, africancichlidua,
that angle bracket idea you suggested to me for the horrizontal branch works a treat :!: :!:
Cheers 8)

Now, where has that wing nut got to.

Yeah, Maggie, my hides don't weigh much as I use those bunnings plastic storage boxes but I don't see why the same method wouldn't work with heavier hide boxes. A Coastal can push / lift 10kg with no probs so I reckon it is probably worth securing even the heavier hides even if only for peace of mind.
Yup the screws my hide was sitting on at the time were indeed vertical and the two "O" shaped holes just slid over them. I diddn't think for a moment you were saying it didn't happen mate so rest easy on that one :)

Hey there Sobby, glad to have been of service my friend :) Glad to hear it worked out well too :)

yup, thanx africanfish, all except the third one :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back