ENDANGERED - Grey Snake ( Hemiaspis damelii )

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

C'baoth

Reaction score
The Grey snake is a mostly harmless Elapid that is native to my area & is on the endangered list . So I'm very keen to do my bit & in a worst case scenario at least have them safe in a private collection . Can anyone help me out in aquiring a couple of these little fellas before it's too late .

hi there what area are they from i havent heard of them.What do you mean by mostly harmless elapid are they just placid or they have small mouth so they cant bite us easily.Thanks MICKO

Think their venom is not as toxic as other elapids... Am pretty sure they got the equipment (mouth/fang size)to bite you though!

Hi C'baoth,

Where did you see these guys as being endangered?

They are common throughout quite a large range in NSW.

Cheers,

Macca

I also though it was a Colubrid... Not elapid, will have a look

Slatey Grey Snake: Non venomous rear-fanged Colubrid.

RE: .

I think some people are confusing the Slatey Grey with the Grey Snake, the latter is a mildly venomous elapid.

its not a dam slatey grey. Hemiaspis damelii thats what it is and i know that aint a slatey.

there seems to be alot of misinformation going around these days lol

I think people seem to get confused with common names but Latin names should be pretty straightforward.

No it's not a slatey grey , that's a colubrid. The grey snake is from se qld & ne nsw & is listed on qld nation parks websites as being rare & endangered .

Macca it's good to hear they are still flourishing in nsw , it must just be qld they are endangered .

ahhh thanks for clearing that up. Was not sure which one you meant...

Oh & they are mildy venomous but fully capable , as much as a 600mm snake can be i guess .

Yes that was my point, some people seem to think you were talking about the Slatey Grey even though you put Hemiaspis damelii.

I get that every time I menion it . Slatey's must be popular , but then again the grey is rare .

I have seen Slatet Greys and that dont look like one to me.
I wish I could help but I hate the word indangered. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back