ENDANGERED - Grey Snake ( Hemiaspis damelii )

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think David has some good ideas/opinions...and who says that all he is doing is talking? Maybe he is doing something - I don't think we really have the right to assume he's not.

I also see where you are coming from - it's always hard with endangered species. Only once research has been done and the pros and cons evaluated can we decide what is best.

Having captive individuals is good, for the day may come that there is enough habitat for them to survive in the wild without intervention.

You're right . David may very well be a hippy :)

Look , I'm just not interested in debating my intensions , I have a plan & starting this forum is one of the ways I'm putting it into motion . If someone has a better idea that's fine . I'm just not interested in hearing about it in this forum .

I can't see how anyone could possibly read bad intensions out of what I'm trying to do . I just want to preserve a little piece of Brisbane in my own way . I don't care if people agree with me i just want to know if they can help .

Moclobe said:
Instead of trying to put the snake in a cage why don't you take the money you would spend on a pair and donate it to the land care group in your area to preserve its habitat. Or better lobby your state government to stop destroying the snakes habitat

I support your idea and try to promote it wherever I can David. Unfortunately that sort of concept is not something that is automatically arrived at and most people tend only to see how a situation can be used for their own personal advantage. We have a lot of evolving yet to do.
:?

C'baoth said:
You're right . David may very well be a hippy :)

Look , I'm just not interested in debating my intensions , I have a plan & starting this forum is one of the ways I'm putting it into motion . If someone has a better idea that's fine . I'm just not interested in hearing about it in this forum .

I can't see how anyone could possibly read bad intensions out of what I'm trying to do . I just want to preserve a little piece of Brisbane in my own way . I don't care if people agree with me i just want to know if they can help .

I was trying to help you by showing you there are better ways to preserve the species. Again I have no objections to you owning the Grey snake, but don't try and make it into anything else but the desire to own the species.

You having the species in captivity will not add anything to the species survival unless you are part of a much larger regional effort to preserve the species. Given that the world zoos have had little success in this area a few amature herptologist isn't going to make a difference.

If however you were to spend some of your precious time going out and helping to eradicate weeds, plant indigenous plants etc, then you will make a difference. If this make you a hippy so be it, better that than be an ignorant red neck :wink:

Regards David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back