EWD shedding info

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mayamaya

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey jw, when does an eastern water dragon start shedding? Or if you dont know, any similar reptile when it starts shedding to give me a bit of an idea?

I have a young EWD, still small,,around 6cm snout to vent.. Unknown age, had him/her since Feb. Im guessing he's around 6 months though.... I wish I knew! Anyway, he hasnt shed yet. is this normal? Or is the little ones shedding not really noticable if they do shed? like just little specs you might see in the water sometimes which may not be defecation? His skin never looks peely or crusty just normal so yeah. I dont know, I just see all these things about shedding but mine hasnt shed, and I never know what age this is meant to begin, or what its going to look like. More unnoticable and quick to peel off then pieces of it blend into the substrate or something, orrrr really detailed and stands out in a full piece like snake skin? & how often do they shed, does anything need to be done differently or changed in the shedding period for it to happen normally with no trouble?

Lol I dont really mind when it starts or how its going to look, I just want to make sure everything is going normal & healthy for my little EWD :)

Help/answers much appreciated.
Thanks,
Maya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back