Faux Rock Vs Heat Emitter

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EscapeArtist

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just questions people.

I've never used faux rock, or heat emitters before. How many of you are using both with one another and how close, how many watt and how long have you been doing it?

Also, what's on the final coat of your faux rock.

And as far as heat emitters go. what kind of fitting are you using and are you using a reflector? If so, custom made or retail?

Feel free to post up some pics if you have them. I'm in the finally stages of set up for pogona minor minor (if I can find any).

Thanks!

Just in case, I would recommend not having a heat emitter closer than 5 inches or so (for a 150W) to a faux rock wall. Technically, styrofoam has a melting point of 240 C (according to wikipedia). The problem is really about fumes from the sealant, I think. My wall is new, and I've only test-run it for a few hours at a time.

My heat emitters are more than a foot from any rock wall, but 4 or 5 inches from the parts of the ceiling that have water-based polyurethane coats.

The final coat I use is water-based polyurethane, and in some spots, an inert tile-grout sealer (if you're going to try that, make sure you find the msds information). Just so you know, a penetrating tile-grout sealer doesn't give what looks like a layer of sealant, but as soon as you splash water onto it, the water completely rolls away. I used that for the backs of my faux rock.

I use 2 (150W) ZooMed heat emitters. It's the one in the box with the sleeping lizard on it.

Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back