Fined $15000 exotic snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, why would you even try to fly exotics? Thats one of the most dumbest things i have heard of. I'm suprised Willia didnt come up with it! Where is he anyways?

LOL OMFG so your now comparing him to serial killer :shock: ...no clue!! Anyways I think he's a top bloke and, it doesn't really bother me what people who don't even know him have to say about him as a person.

At least I made you smile :) That's because I'm a really nice guy - just ask me ;)

I'm not comparing you friend to a serial killer, and to be honest, it's very nice of you to stick up for you friend so vehemently :) That's the true sign of a friend, to stick with them through the ups and downs.

Jen I know FOR A FACT!!!!! that his animals are in the best possible condition...I have seen the wildlife there and i only hope when i'm his age i can be as dedicated and have even half the amount of knowledge he knows! The only reason they even wrote opmv or ibd is because he didn't involve any other persons so they couldn't confirm the snakes origin.

So you knew he had exotics?

I am saying that the good that he does most definitely out weighs this mistake!

No offence but this is the most rediculous arguement a person can use.

Social responsibility is not a profit and loss sheet where by you offset your bad actions with good actions .

The arguement that "his good actions make up for his bad" can simply be argued by the fact that "his bad actions make all his good actions count for zip"

Social responsibility doesnt work in this manner.

Economically speaking the externalities outweigh the marginal benefit that society receives from his actions.

With your arguement then it should be ok that anyone who donates all proceeds from their illegal activities should not be prosecuted for their illegal actions,

Sorry but that arguement just doesnt fly.

I think he got what he deserved regardless of how much of a nice guy he is..... that argument is crap and Dr jekyll was a nice guy to before he turned into Mr Hyde.....

What if his exotic breeds did have IBD and other serious diseases that could put so many of our natives at risk :evil:. I dare say that this isnt the first time hes done this ( selling banned exotics) and the fine is probably nothing compared to what hes made over the last few years by participating in this callous crime. ( Laws are in place for good reason)

Itbites your making yourself look silly defending this tool.

I will continue to defend this mate of mine regardless as to what anyone says ;) :p Cheers K

I will continue to defend this mate of mine regardless as to what anyone says ;) :p Cheers K
Bet you wouldnt say that if one of his banned exotics did have IBD and it spread to your collection....... Look at it from the other side of the coin and have a think about the seriousness of this crime and what it can potentially do.

Im not going to say anymore because i will risk an Infraction as i am getting worked up about this and your attitude towards the law breaker is really annoying. :evil:

Well all that shows is that you have weak moral and ethical fibre, certainly your choice. Pitty though, as it is people like yourself which Australian ecology doesnt need.

Well nothing anyone can do about that, as that is really your issue.

The bottom line is this bloke did the wrong thing. If I were in itbites position I would never stand by him, no matter how much of a 'nice bloke' he is, but that's just me and what my morals would direct me to do. There was actually another bloke in Melbourne, who lived and ran his business very close to me (no naming names, but I'm sure a few people will know to whom I refer) he's now in prison, thankfully.

mcloughlin2 Thanks to some low life i have had the dse visit me....I was named by some loser to protect his illegal goings on he faced court 2 weeks ago and all he got was a stinking 3000 fine! Now there was someone who deserved to be caught.

So the "low life" that involved you in his dealings is deserving, but your mate isnt...?

Think about it, im sure the person you think is a "low life" has people around him
who thinks he is a "good bloke" also, you dont know him well, so by your own
standards you shouldnt be making a judgement of him either...?

mrrogersbig.gif

He has chosen to be a spokes person for Australian wildlife and to make money from it as well, he had even more of a responsibility to be a good example and do the right thing.
I am very annoyed he gets to keep his licence and I would never deal with him.

It bites is there more to the story that the paper didnt print that may change the veiws of people. Did you say he was just helping a freind out or something like this,can you elaborate.

The person you are reffering to is a good friend of mine....I except that yes he did the wrong thing however this guy is the most decent person i know! What the papers wrote about him has made him out to be someone who was out for profit and a non carer of animals and the environment when in reality that is the opposite and couldn't be further from the truth!!! IMO papers are very one sided. He has a passion for animals that i have never seen in any other herper!!! He has a wildlife reserve/park that is not for profit!! he does talks with the public and helps any body in need. I will definitely continue to do business with, and ask for advice from him thats for sure! He is highly respected and too kind for his own good..Anybody who personally knows this man would agree 100% Why doesn't the DSE target those who truly deserve it!

So, not everyone who breaks the law deserves it? When does a "mistake" become a "crime"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back