Fined $15000 exotic snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get it . Whats the mistake? If he was holding one for a freind (stupidly) maybe a mistake but he was sending various species from vic to Nsw. How is that a mistake. Planned ,Premeditated and executed obviously sending to a buyer... ILLEGAL...................
CRIMINAL...................................:(

I dont get it . Whats the mistake? If he was holding one for a freind (stupidly) maybe a mistake but he was sending various species from vic to Nsw. How is that a mistake. Planned ,Premeditated and executed obviously sending to a buyer... ILLEGAL...................
CRIMINAL...................................:(

My thoughts exactly Cracks ;)

I bought 5 eastern water dragons from matt a few years back. All of his animals were very well looked after and all of them looked very healthy. He had just about every reptile you could think of with marsupials and farm animals out in the paddocks.
When i was there he had a giant burmese python, which he told me he had on a special exotics licence.
Im not taking any side here, but he was a great bloke to deal with and was very helpful. No matter what anyone else thinks.

cheers

If you are smart enough you can find what is almost certainly this guys website. If it is then this is even more perplexing.

OKay
Whats his web site ???
I Know who he is. But I dont see anything about his website.
I have seen him advertise on various websites.

His stupid mistake inevitably lead to the death of innocent snakes!!!!!! if you support that then you dont real give a **** about the reptiles just the money you can make from them. What he did was illegal and immoral and if we justify his actions soon we will have many "GOOD and DECENT" people doing the same thing and their excuse would be "but hey im a good person" he got less than he deserved
That my opinion and before any one disses it my intitled to it!

If there is one thing i've learnt in this life on more than one occasion it's that you truly never no someone.

I guess you could say that there are different types of mistakes, some may be regarded as pre meditated and some would be purely genuine.

Anyway on a lighter note it's pleasing to see so many post's positively supporting Australian Fauna. I personally have never had an desire to keep exotics and have always been more than satisfied with what Australia has to offer. With many different climatic locations we have some of the best plants and animals in the world.

Hmmmm........so hes a nice bloke.....thats great.....if he has so much "knowledge" he should have know better. Nice bloke or not he broke the law and put all snakes in danger.....hope they take his licence.

It's very sad to think that sooo many judge someone by the one or two mistakes they make and not the thousands of thankless deeds go un-noticed they do. Well if we were all so cynical the world would be sad place to be in. I'm sure that If we were to judge everybody on the mistakes they'd made in life everybody can be classified as "tainted" I'm not a hypocrite I believe some people get targeted and treated harsh when others who have done alot worse don't get targeted enough. Even if he weren't a friend i've seen the good he's done and would still feel very much the same as I do ;) Also i know where my morals lye I have loyalty in those deserving, to me he is one of those people
</IMG>

I really hope you are joking.....you are condoning illegal behaviour. That is not a mistake...it is a choice they made to break the law. The reality of it is that he put all snakes both captive and wild at serious risk of disease. Its not illegal for no reason.....

Holding one for a friend.........pfffffft now thats lame...

It bites, when im at work i only ever hear from the boss when things go wrong or a complaint is made ,when i do a good job i hear nothing. Same sort of thing i guess. Do you consider what has happened to be wrong? Was there more to the story that we dont know about?

So..Itbites...as this person is SO good they should be able to get away with any illegal activities???

No he was in the wrong! I don't have any discrepancies with that issue, Just...It would be nice to see those more deserving getting crucified. I highly doubt that some one as reputable as matt would be willing to risk everything he has worked for and his immaculate reputation!, all to sell some cheap corn snakes ect... There is definitely more to the story!

I fail to see how someone acknowledging the law and then willingly breaking it is making a 'mistake', seems to me like a thought out action - not a 'mistake'.

Lol guys. These sound like the debates we have at uni (I study criminal justice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back