Frog crap!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher69

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm in the process of building a frog enclosure & as this is my first time to look after frogs, I was wondering what the cleaning procedures was like?

Do they poop both on land & in the water too?

Are their droppings hard pellets or wet & messy?

If I have live plants in the enclosure, would it be ideal to leave some of the droppings in as fertiliser?

I'm really just trying to get my head around what type of substrate to use...exposed soil, large pebbles, bark?

Well this is what i know,feel free to correct...
most important,you should clean the frogs water every couple of days (more often if it gets dirty fast)so it doesnt become contaminated.cleaning branches and plants is pretty easy with paper towel.if they are tree frogs you will need to clean the sides,im assuming its glass...
for substrate i think using soil or peat moss works well,keep it moist by spraying with a water bottle.
Hope that helps a bit :)

my two green tree frogs dont make much if any mess they seem to poop these like capsules. the main reason i find to clean the tank is of pee but that doesnt stain and you cant see it so i just wipe around the sides of the tank every couple days with a wet cloth. and clean the water every day or every second depending how much water the more the less often it needs to be clean. and every week or so do a full clean never any chemicals tho and just pickup the poop with gloves or your hands just depends if you ok with picking it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back