"Giant gecko" just doesnt cut it for this guy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd kill for a new Caledonia gecko, kamakazi from the Reptile park is by far the most amazing one i've seen

I saw a pair of those New Caledonians at Taronga Zoo the other day. Wish we could keep them here :(

As for the giant salamander, I've seen one in the flesh when I was in Hong Kong last, they are that big! I have a pic somewhere of me next to it somewhere?

I'm sorry but why do people even for one second imagine that photo is real ? Honestly it is just too obvious, it is laughable.

Sorry about that. I should have included an explanatory note about the first pic.

This was also touted as a giant gecko. It is actually a Chinese Giant Salamander (Andrias davidianus) which can reach a length of 1.8 metres (6 ft), although the average adult salamander is 25–30 kg (55-66 lb) and 1.15 m (3.8 ft).

Geckoman, thanks for bringing the typo to my attention.

Those that have had the privilege of seeing, let alone holding, Leachies... I am very jealous.

heres one i found
images
on the internet

If you want to see truly huge and not fictional, look up Hoplodactylus delcourti . Dwarfs any other living gecko. Unfortunatly known from only one poorly preserved specimen and almost certainly extinct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back