1. Hi there Guest, thanks for visiting the site. Due to changes in circumstances, finances and having run this page for several years, Aussie Pythons and Snakes will be shut down on August 1st. If you or anyone you know would be interested in owning and running one of Australias Longest running Pythons and Snakes forums then please get in touch with Stuart via PM. Thank you for your support over years and please know that this decision has not been made lightly. Regards, Stuart

Help!!!

Discussion in 'Australian Snakes' started by 00fathead00, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 00fathead00

00fathead00 Not so new Member

my partner had to go and catch a snake for my brothers girlfriends parents it was in their computer room and they have a baby. well turns out the snake is quite big like 6-7 foot big. it looks like a coastal carpet. he now wants to keep it :/ i got my licence yesterday as we went out and brought two blonde spotted python hatchlings. i dont like big snakes atm. only gettin used to them. can anyone tell me the laws on wild snakes and if i can keep them and what i have to do please would be greatly appreciated :D thanks in advance

2. cactus2u

cactus2u Well-Known Member

Nope no can do By law he or you cannot even relocate snakes WE all do whats necessary tho Let it go on its merry way somewhere safe
    Good luck with the spotted pythons... keep them well away from any cage the wild ones been it.Don't want them getting any diseases it may have had

3. 00fathead00

00fathead00 Not so new Member

oh he is in a esky lol i dont want him in my house and thanks for letting me know. so he needs to get rid of it tomorro after work my babies wont be going near anything he has been near. i just wanted it away from their baby. stupid idea really cuz now he has it near my two babies :'( i got a 3 yr old girl and a 7 month old boy. it is a really nice looking snake tho. isnt really nasty either. when him and my bro were catching it my bro moved the hook off its head and my partners hand was right there and it didnt strike him amazingly. he is crasy for even cathing them tho. thanks for the advice tho really appreciate it :D

4. Wrightpython

Wrightpython Suspended Banned

ive caught heaps of wild carpets and never been bitten once they arent as aggressive as most people make out. They will normally only bite if you grab them to hard which most people do rather ease hand under them and lift them slowly and gently and youll never get bitten

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.