Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maskedplover

Reaction score
Hi all

From the 3rd-10th I went with a mate herping in the rainforest region of Mullumbimby 20 minutes from Byron Bay.
Dipped on Southern Angles,Land Mullets and Pink Tongues but saw a few other species including,

Coastal Carpet Python x3

Green Tree Snake x1

Egernia frerei(Major skink) x3 large specimens on the Byron Lighthouse walk

Eastern water Dragon 5+ seen in the Rainforest at Mullumbimby along a river,Byron Headland Reserve,Tweed Heads.

Yellow Faced Whipsnake x1

Ctenotus robustusx 2 along Cape Byron lighthouse walk in the heath.
Went frog hunting along the roads of Mullumbimby on a warm and rainy night and saw about 11 frog species

Litoria fallax,L.cerulea,L.chloris,L.lesuerii,L.gracillenta,L.dentata,L.latopalmata,L.peronii,Limnodynastes peronii,Pseudophryne coriacea,Bufo marinus,

A fantastic herping adventure.

Kurtis Lindsay

Go to post reply down bottom of page and then just attach the files like in an email :D

Heres the pics

Here are the pics they are not of the best quality and unfortunately I couldn't get them of the frogs or the lizard species but anyway.
We actually caught this coastal on the driveway out the front of the property.
This was the biggest and most aggresive of the three.
he was in great condition though, and not as aggressive as some captives I have seen.
I managed to get a shot of him snapping at my mate while my uncle was holding him aswell.

Thats a good action pic that 1st one, lol :lol:
They're better quality than my pics :wink: Myne always come from a mobile phone :lol:

I'm from byron shire and its a great herping area. i see herps every where pink tongues, blueys, beardies, land mullets, brown and black snakes.
I see saw-shelled turtles and EWD in the local park in the middle of town. i get yellow faced whip snakes, carpets, green tree and Brown tree snakes and a hell of a lot of frogs in my backyard and this is just in the suburbs! 8)
plus we get the pests, cain toads and asian house geckos by the bucket full.
Yeah Byron Shire is great for seeing herps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back