I used to hate cats. But now......Post your cat!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
take 2 -think I've worked it out... gotta love google

Attachments

• PICT0205.jpg
    PICT0205.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Image045.jpg
    Image045.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 79
I really really like akarsha's cat. However, looking around at Tonkinese cats -- there are also a lot I'm not too fond of.
I like the elegant looking face and big bright blue eye, but some others I've seen look quite boney/scrawny.

They are muscular cats but are much heavier than they look. I believe he's a mink coat and they are the ones with the aqua eyes. Tonks come in heaps of different colors, some even look like Russian blues.

Start offering solid food now, and see whether your little one will start eating it- you'd be amazed at how young they will start eating solids- I rekon he'll show at least some interest now :p . Hills tinned kitten food is great, as are their kitten biscuits- perhaps my favourite brand. Thing to watch with kittens is that its essential they're on a good complete diet, to support their growth. If the nutritional content is in the incorrect ratios, or crap quality products were used and the cat cant actually absorb it, you can end up with issues. So, perhaps start by offering a decent quality tinned/kitten wet food, and then offer dry food. Another thing with kittens is that because they need a lot of energy and other nutrients to grow, they often cant physically eat enough wet foods to get adequate amounts- hence why biscuits, being a dry and concentrated form, can achieve this much better, if that makes sense. Once onto a good quality kitten diet, milk wont be needed at all :)

And yes, cats are typically extremely easy to toilet train. They instinctively want to dig and bury their business, so if you simply place them in the tray they quite often just go to use it. I usually start kittens in a small room, such as a single bedroom, where they know the litter, food and water are- this becomes their 'safe' place and they learn quite quickly. When you later let them out to roam the house, they still know where the litter etc is, and if they get frightened they run back to where they know is 'safe' :)

Anyway, hope this made sense. Just what works for me, and from experience :p

Last edited:
Yeah, the Dr put Wednesday at 4-6weeks and we are offering solid cat food as instructed by the Dr as well as her milk bottle.

Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures and knowledge everybody :D

Sorry, don't mean to butt in.. Just trying to help!

Crazy cat lady -out- !

hehehe

Goodluck :D

take 2 -think I've worked it out... gotta love google

She was gorgeous. I can understand why you would be so upset, they look like they had a very special friendship. And LEO looks so much lighter, it's amazing how their colors can change as they get older.

She was gorgeous. I can understand why you would be so upset, they look like they had a very special friendship. And LEO looks so much lighter, it's amazing how their colors can change as they get older.

yes she was a one in a lifetime cat :) as for Leo yeah his colour was so creamy when he was little and as they mature the full colour comes through. When I got him he reminded me of Kimba the white lion.... cartoon from my childhood and he had these really big paws and hubby suggested the name Leo

31b20571-f6ba-6957.jpg
this is chief long hair Persian

Mum feeding him with the bottle
In this photo you can see how tiny he is.
dce908cd-3f06-d352.jpg

He's responding well to his medicine which is good.
In the meantime we are trying to get used to calling him a he lol

lol yeah hes a darling.
And he is already showing signs of being spoilt!

I felt sorry for my dog, as it was obvious he was getting jealous. He can't understand why everyone is fussing over this new kitty.

To make him feel better, I decided to ignore the kitty and stroked and petted the dog for a half hour str8. He was enjoying it, though I could tell he was annoyed that the cats was allowed on the bed and he wasn't.

Anyways, kitty wasn't happy with not being the centre of attention and was trying to get between me and the dog, lols.
I picked her up and put her aside, my dog was excited as hell, lols
Kitty tried again, but i ignored her. So she bit me, lols

Any tips on dealing with jealousy between the 2?
The dog is mine, and the cat is my brothers, but being the unresponsible kid he is, he frequently dumps the kitty with one of us to look after when he goes out or is just too lazy to deal with a needy animal.

And the dog follows her around, trying to get attention away from whoever is looking after the kitty. He sat outside my bro's bedroom door all night last night, which is weird since he and my brother dont like each other, dont get along and never hang out, especially is his room which is off limits to dog.

When we introduced our cats and dogs we just kept telling the dogs to leave the cats alone and they soon get the hint. I probably wouldn't leave the kitty alone with your pup though, just incase.

PICT0062.jpgPICT0065.jpgGotta admit I'm not really a cat fan (at all), but the Mrs. has one that she loves like a kid. Funny enough he attacks most things, but doesn't really worry about the snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back