I used to hate cats. But now......Post your cat!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we have been extra careful not to leave her alone with the dog.
We still aren't sure if the dog is only playing rough with her or if there is real aggression, but we're not taking any chances.
After about a year the dog has learnt to leave the beardie alone. Hopefully he learns to leave the cat alone too.

I spoilt the dog earlier, lol, after i got rid of the cat I realised we had no doggie treats left, and cant buy any due to easter hols.
So I gave him a BIG spoonful of peanut butter, lols, I think he loves it as much as I love watching him go nuts licking it from under his lip lol

This is Indy, my rescued Tonkinese (Got her at 13 weeks weighing 450g) she is now 5kgs and is 6 years old. She is an amazing dogcat (thinks she is a dog - spends a lot of her time on her back with her feet in the air looking adorable) and never fails to come when she's called. She is great in the car and at the vets (just wants to get onto the floor and explore, she drags me around hahal.

The most common words in our household are "Mew Mew" LMAO (I think we talk to her a bit TOO much and in waaaaaayy to high pitch haha)

For a 5kg cat, she is a leanie - people go to pick her up and are shocked at how heavy she actually is... Certainly doesn't look it.

Her nickname is Indycus (thanks to my partner, Centro, a member here) and I don't know what life woule be like without her..... She is amazing.

Photo 1: Her version of "Helping me weed the garden" (she is often helpful at being a Project Manager)
Photo 2: What she loves to do when I have a bath in the winter
Photo 3: Going on a car ride
Photo 4: Her FAVE thing - Plastic bags. She loves getting in them and being picked up and taken for a walk around the house.....

Attachments

• n1358832329_1943236_5076594.jpg
    n1358832329_1943236_5076594.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 93
  • 250573_1807363508051_1358832329_3458516_5528_n.jpg
    250573_1807363508051_1358832329_3458516_5528_n.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 167648_1576062805678_1358832329_3126286_2176122_n.jpg
    167648_1576062805678_1358832329_3126286_2176122_n.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 9222_1147120842397_1358832329_2167832_6103963_n.jpg
    9222_1147120842397_1358832329_2167832_6103963_n.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
This is Indy, my rescued Tonkinese (Got her at 13 weeks weighing 450g) she is now 5kgs and is 6 years old. She is an amazing dogcat (thinks she is a dog - spends a lot of her time on her back with her feet in the air looking adorable) and never fails to come when she's called. She is great in the car and at the vets (just wants to get onto the floor and explore, she drags me around hahal.

The most common words in our household are "Mew Mew" LMAO (I think we talk to her a bit TOO much and in waaaaaayy to high pitch haha)

For a 5kg cat, she is a leanie - people go to pick her up and are shocked at how heavy she actually is... Certainly doesn't look it.

Her nickname is Indycus (thanks to my partner, Centro, a member here) and I don't know what life woule be like without her..... She is amazing.

Photo 1: Her version of "Helping me weed the garden" (she is often helpful at being a Project Manager)
Photo 2: What she loves to do when I have a bath in the winter
Photo 3: Going on a car ride
Photo 4: Her FAVE thing - Plastic bags. She loves getting in them and being picked up and taken for a walk around the house.....

Yup. Best cats ever. My tonk is like my best mate. He's in on everything I do. Was looking at the forum on my iPad before and he decided to move closer and watch everything I clicked. I have actually downloaded three apps for him because he loves it so much. She is lovely. And they just get better!

lols, i noticed wednesday watching my computer screen as i was watching a movie on my iMac, haha
Can imagine your cats and the iPads :p

cat,hovercat,flying,cat,meowwwww,floating,fur,ball-75f442b0f400e530d7214a39da3b3ca9_h.jpg

Geenaskitten.jpg

This is the ragdoll kitty we are adopting in a couple of weeks. She is only 4 weeks old in this picture and her name is Chaya (pronounced chai-a, its a hindi word that means shadow) I cant wait to have a cat again!

We still don't care.

Also, Sarah m, that kitty is adorable.

OMG Chaya is a babe! How adorable, lol

Wednesdays seems to be biting alot. Not hard enough to hurt, but she is constantly trying to knaw on my fingers :( He doesn't seem to understand no like our previous dogs, lol
Teething? Should i let her bite? Or is it something we should discourage while he is young?
In the meantime we are struggling to remember that she is actually a he lols, he is still frequently referred to as her, lol, poor kitty

Buy her heaps of toys. And play with her lots. She probably just chewing your fingers playfully and if you get other things to take her mind off your fingers, she'll appreciate it too.

You can get cheap ping pong balls in discount shops and they love them!

okay.. as promised :)

thumpa is 16 years old.. the photo of me with the ring in my nose is at least 4 years old, so no judging allowed haha.
i lubb my kitty, would be devo if something happened to him. hes such a boss.
never scratches, bites.. anything. hisses at the dogs.. thats about it
the photo of him and the cattle dog laying down was before i got my dane mastiff x..
when i got diesel, the cattle dog got really protective of him and after 11 years decided she hated the cat now and is really aggressive towards him
pretty sad cos they got along

and the picture of me on the lounge with the two cats... the other one is optimus. he just disappeared :( miss him a bit, he was very playful. thumpa doesnt miss him one bit haha.

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 62
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 60
  • t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 67
  • t4.jpg
    t4.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 56
  • t5.jpg
    t5.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 54
  • t6.jpg
    t6.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 57
  • t7.jpg
    t7.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 72
  • optimusincar.jpg
    optimusincar.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 54
  • optimus.jpg
    optimus.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 62
Cool pics cwebb :)

I did buy Wednesday some toys when my bro first got her, but she wasn't really interested in them. Though now, she is getting really curious, and we can keep her amused for hours :)

Got one of those cat toys on a stick, which she loves! And she also finds my remote control cars and helicopters very amusing, though we do have to be very careful with the chopper....
Will get some pingpong balls tomorrow and give em a try :)
And might also go with the old cliche and get her a ball of yarn, hehe

Just caution with string and plastic- many cats are prone to eating them. For some bizarre reason, so many, many cats just have a fetish with string/plastic and it usually ends up in gastrointestinal blockages and an emergency surgery unfortunately... so I'd steer clear of yarn ;)

Something my guys love are those cat tunnels- I picked up heaps really cheap from discount stores, but you can get them for about $20 on ebay for example. My cats go nuts in them hehe :) As Wednesday keeps growing, his desire to play will just be hightened and he'll probably turn into a playful nutter hehe

If you can't afford a cat tunnel try empty boxes. My cats go crazy with them.

Empty boxes are brilliant. Cut small cat sized holes in random bits of each box, and they go crazy... My old housemate decorated the house one day with empty boxes from the work place- cats went ballistic

c094756e-fa50-236d.jpg

I just have to post this pic of Benedict that my partner sent me earlier.

3aae1b62-4ff9-a83b.jpg

This is the little guy I got the missus for Xmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Kev, I rescue and rehome kittens a lot... although sometimes I can't help myself and I have to keep one... :) But, just some helpful hints that I have found really helped me.
Firstly, because Wednesday is by himself (No litter mates to keep him company) He is going to constantly want attention, this is a given lol. If your worried about him biting you can get a toy and let him bite the toy instead of your hand but if you still want to play with him with you hand thats fine!! Cats can be trained, they are very smart. When ever he bites to hard say no, firmly and just stop playing. He will probably move to attack you shirt, or legs, or anything to keep the game going but you just need to make it clear the game is over. As soon as he realises its over give him a minute then you can go right back to playing again! It won't take him long to figure out he has to be gentle!! The other thing I was going to mention is Di Vetalac. It is a milk substitute for animal babies (especially native animals) And is a hundred times cheaper then kitten of puppy milk you will buy at the store (And just as, if not better for them) It comes in a tin as powder form, just mix it up according to the instructions on the back. (You can buy it at the vets) I use it with all the baby animals that come through my door and have found it works great and goes well in their little tummies. with your dog, I wouldn't leave the two alone together (As you have already said you are monitoring them :). ) But i think you will find that as the kitten grows they will be fine together. Try not to worry to much about the dog feeling left out, it sounds like he is hanging inside with the family and I'm sure he is very happy about it!! As the kitten grows, he will probably have no fear of dogs (Growing up with one so close) And with most dogs its that 'run' response from cats that gets them chasing.. I think you will find as Wednesday gets bigger he will probably be more then happy to play with his canine friend. Just something you will have to keep an eye on while he is so tiny!! Good luck with your baby! I have found that hand reared cats are absolute gems that just want to hang out ALL THE TIME!!!! :D :D :D Hope all goes well with his cat flu and he make a speedy recovery!!

Here is my gorgeous Boy Joey... He is a ragdoll x birman he is terrified of birds, chased a gecko once and was totally astounded when it's tail fell off now gives them a wide birth lol he found a baby mouse and killed it by falling asleep on it lol he has not an ounce of killer in him he is a "freak" of cat nature lol

DSC00434.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

DSC00485.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back