is my spencers monitor big for his age?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missllama

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I got him just over 2wks ago, when i got him he was just old enough to be sold, he was small when i got him but he seems to be growing really fast he has a huge appetite, is very mischeivious and active here are some photos

Attachments

• P3190003.JPG
    P3190003.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 229
  • P3190006.jpg
    P3190006.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 254
  • P3190010.jpg
    P3190010.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 244
  • P3190002.JPG
    P3190002.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 233
  • P3190043.JPG
    P3190043.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 253
he is gorgeous! how big do they grow to adult size? TL

i dont think hes too big, just hungry lol

Nat ;)

well my partner says his friends ones are 1.2m long, fully grown, so rather big haha i have never seen an adult i have one thats bigger then this one but deffinatly not anywhere near full size yet cant wait till they are tho!

Attachments

• P3190028.JPG
    P3190028.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 231
  • P3190034.JPG
    P3190034.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 199
  • P3190031.JPG
    P3190031.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 217
  • P3190027.JPG
    P3190027.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 201
looks normal size to me, n being a monitor its normal for it to be a reptilian garbage disposal unit

haha yea he is a funny lil nut he jumps around trying to climb on things and the second he see's the lid open if he is under his log he runs out because he knows he is going to get some food its hilarious can i attatch videos on here? because i might video him eating tommorow and put it up he is crazy

awwww how cute! yer you can post youtube vid links and it will come up. not sure bout other stuff though haha soz.. im getting a pair of monitors soon, but smaller ones than that lol probably pygmy mulgas or ackies..
love your little fella :)

Nat ;)

oh u like ackies? i got a baby ackie too haha i got him same day as my spencers im getting a sand monitor too this wk hold on here is my lil ackie we called him ridgey didge
he looks a bit odd here because he shed this wk but he is so pretty i wish his colours would show up better on the pics

i really want to get an adult pair of them there so nice! and they stay a reasonable size too

Attachments

• P3190015.JPG
    P3190015.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 195
  • P3190020.JPG
    P3190020.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 198
  • P3190023.JPG
    P3190023.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 209
  • P3190021.JPG
    P3190021.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 198
mulga monitors r awsome, n breed like scaley rabbits :p cant wait to get a pair of spencers tho, easily the coolest monitor we can keep here in vic

lmao @ scaley rabbits :lol:

ridgey didge is awesome! i cant wait till i get my pair of monitors.. sadly i have to wait till i get back from holidays haha (yer, im looking more forward to my monitors rather then Bali! lol) i get back the 19th June so should be interesting to see if there is still small monitors avail. for sale.. hmmm and ill need a female and a male from different clutches if i wanna breed eventually (which i do of course haha)

Nat ;)

i want a lace monitor! but my partner wont let me get one hehe he things there to nasty hahaha i think there great tho like a mini komodo dragon hahaha

yer they are awesome! very cool.. im still in with my parents since im only 17 years and houses/renting/flatting is still too expensive lol
they are only ...j u s t... warming up to the idea of goannas in the house lol it took me like 2 years to get my dad to let me get my coastal george! but im getting these monitors whether they like it or not haha (they dont mind so long as they arent in the way..)

Nat ;)

my parents never liked me having animals in the house when i was younger there excuse was always "we want to go on a holiday soon who will look after the animals" or... "you cant even keep your room tidey how do u expect to look after them" hehe funny stuff now i have a zoo full off animals, imagine having a full grown lace or spencers monitor walking round your yard hehe would be pretty funny

nice spencers :D Ooh n yer gettin a gouldii!! damn how i envy thee!!!

Can't wait to see pics of that gorgeous critter!

yea i really love monitors, my partner goes to me earlier "you no i never really thought what it will be like when all our monitors are fully grown" then i pictured it... 2 full grown spencers and sand monitor walking around the yard although it wont be like that we will have to have pits etc for them, but it will just be so odd haha

Very cool montior miss
I member i went herping at my local bush ( cut down now, well most of it anyway ) and i saw a giant
lace monitor just at the peak of the tree and he was looking straight at me.
=D

They basically grow in proportion to how much they eat, the hotter they are the more they will eat, I would say that size would be fairly normal. I doubt there would be any harm in feeding them heaps as they seem to be well adapted for doing this.

Tar :D
Oh my haha that would have been a site! imagine if it jumped out at you haha that would have been funny :eek: i actually was walking in the hills with my partner the other wk this is what we saw ... two owls must have been nesting heres some pics of the two of them

(u will have to click the pics to see the owls) i got really close too

Attachments

• owl.JPG
    owl.JPG
    242.7 KB · Views: 165
  • owl1.JPG
    owl1.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 132
  • owl2.JPG
    owl2.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 129
Hi missllamathuen.... yes nice Accie....actually similar in size to mine...but she is close to 15 mnths old now
...yes she in petite to say!
Love your Spencers.... saw one 2/3 grown at ReptileCity last year...... took my breath away...
the eyes show there intelligence... very intriguing to say the least... there eyes look like pools... beautiful
yes ,ive too heard about their appetite ... a bloke who had one was feeding his 10 full mice every 3 days!
i believe the girth ...around their tummy ....is the biggest for the monitors... thats what i was told!

The eyes of animals captivate me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back