Leucistic Blue-tongue Skinks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JungleRob

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Are there any true leucistic blue-tongue skinks out there?

Feel free to post pics, or if you'd prefer send me a pm, I am interested in learning more about these animals.

Thanks,
JungleRob

Im not sure on legit leucistics, but there are some extremely
white northerns getting around for what its worth... lol

yes there is true luecistic blue tongues i have seen them. they will not be on the market for a bit. as far as the photos go it is up to the guy breeding them to post and please dont ask me who bred them as i am not at liberty to tell you but i can garontee they exist. and i gotta say they smoke the albinos on good looks.

What makes a 'TRUE' leucistic Dabool?

I respect your keeping it quiet who is breeding them. Thanks, very interesting.

the way the genitics work there are lines of lighter colored blue tongues getting around but these ones are reccessive the similar to the way an albino gene is.

the way the genitics work there are lines of lighter colored blue tongues getting around but these ones are reccessive the similar to the way an albino gene is.

are you saying the lighter color blueys are hets for leucistic? I'm not sure how the gene varies between species but from what i know leucistic hets are not lighter colored animals

How does one tell if it has 'no pigmentation' as opposed to just being lightly coloured?

hornet i dont know how you worked that out from what i said i have an idea type "luecistic" into google and learn all about it.

from your post it seemed you were saying the lighter colored blueys are leucistic hets?

I understood what he was saying. He was saying that yes, there are some light blueys getting around but these ones (as in Leucistic blueys) carry a recessive gene similar to Albino blueys.

leucistic are just white no markings, with black or blue eyes

ahh ok yea. The gene for albinism is recessive but the gene for Leucism isnt, i cant remember the exact name but possibly co-dominant. When you have an albino het it looks normal, leucistic hets look totally different to leucistics or normals

leucistic are just white no markings, with black or blue eyes

Wouldn't that be a 'white' blue-tongue as it has white pigment. Leucistic as I understand it is no pigment whatsoever.

Is this correct?

I just did a google search, apparently there are many claims from people that they have leucistic blue tongue skinks, but on inspection were not classed as leucistic. Interesting, makes one wonder if there are actually any true leucistic out there.

Ah ok.

I don't know much about the genes.

They do have Leucistic beardies in the States, can't say I've ever seen a Leucistic bluey. I imagine they would look pretty cool though. Would they be all white (well, not white, but I mean no pigment whatsoever), or would they have some of the same patterning the Albino blueys have?

Ah ok.

I don't know much about the genes.

They do have Leucistic beardies in the States, can't say I've ever seen a Leucistic bluey. I imagine they would look pretty cool though. Would they be all white (well, not white, but I mean no pigment whatsoever), or would they have some of the same patterning the Albino blueys have?

leucistic animals are pure white, void of all patterning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back