Loose Skin Around Snakes Neck.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeknoWaffle

Reaction score
Hello, i just fed my young south west carpet python her first weaner mouse yesterday and i noticed today that there was some loose skin around the bottom of her neck. its flabby and its not that noticeable. Is it just because she ate a meal that was abit larger than the usually fuzzy mice i used to feed her? she is acting normally, today she was quite active. your answers are greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks,

- Josh

Hello, i just fed my young south west carpet python her first weaner mouse yesterday and i noticed today that there was some loose skin around the bottom of her neck. its flabby and its not that noticeable. Is it just because she ate a meal that was abit larger than the usually fuzzy mice i used to feed her? she is acting normally, today she was quite active. your answers are greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks,

- Josh

Is she coming up for a shed?
Or possibly dehydrated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is she coming up for a shed?
Or possibly dehydrated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She just pooped... on me and the brown looked normal but there wasnt really any solid urate, she did pee quite alot on me though. just thought id say. :)

@TeknoWaffle If by young you mean a yearling then yes the loose skin around his/her throat is normal, it is as you yourself said just stretched from a bigger than normal feed and will go back to normal, did you notice him/her yawning more than usual after he/she was fed???? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

@TeknoWaffle If by young you mean a yearling then yes the loose skin around his/her throat is normal, it is as you yourself said just stretched from a bigger than normal feed and will go back to normal, did you notice him/her yawning more than usual after he/she was fed???? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

Yes she always yawns after eating. and she just pooped... on me. but there wasn't much urate, most of it was liquid and it went all over me, but the brown and hair and bone waste looked normal though. and yes she is about 11 months or a year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back