Naming scheme

Discussion in 'Australian Snakes' started by Kraft, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kraft

Kraft Active Member

I finally figured out a method for naming my snakes I have a jungle and a jungle jag and I decided to name them peanut and butter and my next additions will be name after types of nuts ie cashew,walnut, depending on there colouring and what to help pick which nut type suits. Hope this helps all those who wonder how to choose names for there reptilian friends!

2. montysrainbow

montysrainbow Very Well-Known Member

thats cute lol ive often thought about using names like cookies and cream or vegi and mite , rum and coke lol kinda fun in a quirky way :p salt and pepper lol or what about tim and tam....ok ive gone way off the nut track :lol: coco and pops.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  3. nintendont

nintendont Active Member

get a GTP and call it pistachio

4. Barrett

Barrett Well-Known Member

For my last two I used something that had to do with their common names. Kiiro means yellow in japanese and (not to be racist in any way) due to the stereotype of Japanese, Chinese, etc. are labeled as yellow, and he is a yellow-faced whip snake, hence why I used a Japanese name. Addie is my de vis banded snake, which, are often called 'mud adders', so I named her Addie :)

5. Riffherper

Riffherper Well-Known Member

I like cartoon characters. My latest two additions are a boy and girl qld bhp named Judy and Elroy (the jetsons)

6. ronhalling

ronhalling Subscriber Subscriber

I have used the "Spice" shelf for my names, 5yo coastal is "Cinaman" and my Spotties are "Saffron" (M) "Jasmin" (F) my wife looked up at the spice shelf as i was typing this and went "OH NO" he he he................................Ron

7. picaloandlola

picaloandlola Not so new Member

I find the names just have to happen, otherwise if I try pick them they never stick -like my frogs that I have had for years "picalo and Lola" but I still refer to them as froggies...Rex my beardie was originally Mufassa before I started saying "sic em Rex" every time I fed him crickets. This ackie 'hunter' has been labeled 'Sid vicious' by my family because he just tries to eat me all the time, I hope that one doesn't stick but it slips out every now and then :s

8. TheReptileben

TheReptileben Well-Known Member

Palmerston, Northern Territory, Australia
    Not reptile related but my mate has a dog named cat and a cat named dog (true story the guy is autistic so I amuses him a lot)

9. duz10z

duz10z Not so new Member

I've just named my woma pretzel as he ties himself up like a pretzel when ever he eats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.