Nice find!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cement

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
While digging in a water line on a property at the Watagans, we disturbed a couple of Red Napeds (Furina diadema). I think its a breeding pair, with the female being the larger at aprox 300mm and the male being the smaller at aprox 240mm.
After a couple of photos we put them back under their log. Maybe someone could clarify that.

Same day I stumbled upon a big old lacie that had just crawled into a shallow cave, put its back foot over its head and checked out. Winter is just to much for some.The size of its feet and head tell me it was fairly old. It was the first really warm day we have had out there since winter and they were on the move , I saw another big healthy one cruising past the house just hrs before finding this one.

Attachments

• 19082010760.jpg
    19082010760.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 249
  • 19082010757.jpg
    19082010757.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 19082010759.jpg
    19082010759.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 19082010751.jpg
    19082010751.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 193
wow great finds! Where bouts do you live? All i ever stumble across are blue tongues and the odd shingleback.

Cement,

More than one red nape often occupy the same shelter site, especially at this time of year. Aggregations of this and many other species while often "rest together". Whether the aggregations are for breeding purposes or just that the same species has the same ecological requirements and thus seeks out the same shelter sites is unknown.

Cheers,
Scott

Cement,

More than one red nape often occupy the same shelter site, especially at this time of year. Aggregations of this and many other species while often "rest together". Whether the aggregations are for breeding purposes or just that the same species has the same ecological requirements and thus seeks out the same shelter sites is unknown.

Cheers,
Scott

yeah this time last year my dad and i found 5 keelbacks under the one tree stump

Cement,

Cheers,
Scott

Thanks Scott, I have heard of colonies of red nape being very close to each other so I wasn't sure.

Nice find!

Some of the small Vens are easy to sex via tail shape, if you have pics of there tails put them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back