Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Boa....if it's different, it must be crossed or interbred :roll:....god help it if someone produces something different....

Funny how when someone in australia got one (Wild caught even) that they thought might be piebald everyone was jumping up and down with glee, even though it was far far uglier than that one.

That's it exactly, the thing I hate the most is the fact that it MUST be in America, I think there are a lot of people in this country that would be amazed what is happening here. If you were to breed a pied whatever would you throw it in the freezer ? I don't think so.
Indicus, yes it's crazy, we see the same thing with the Jags, they can't possibly have come from a coastal/coastal breeding so they must be a cross breed.

:) I think it's a disgusting freak of nature and should be burnt on the stake so it can be sent back to hell from where it came!!! :twisted:

More power to the breeders! It's about time that our aussie snakes start competing with those ball pythons! I hope it proves to be genetic and we start seeing some really interesting morphs. But first that animals has to be fertile and then it has to be proven genetic, alot of if's and but's but it should be interesting to see it develop.

close up, every time this animal sheds more and more white and apricot appears. These pics were taken about 12 months ago and hes lost a lot more normal colour since then.

:lol:
There is nothing to say it wont be fertile, it's just a standard childreni and it has bee confirmed as genetic already. I agree more power to him, hope he makes a lot of money out of it.

waruikazi said:
:) I think it's a disgusting freak of nature and should be burnt on the stake so it can be sent back to hell from where it came!!! :twisted:

More power to the breeders! It's about time that our aussie snakes start competing with those ball pythons! I hope it proves to be genetic and we start seeing some really interesting morphs. But first that animals has to be fertile and then it has to be proven genetic, alot of if's and but's but it should be interesting to see it develop.

But first that animals has to be fertile and then it has to be proven genetic, alot of if's and but's but it should be interesting to see it develop.

A Piebald is a genetic colour mutation - it shouldn't have any effect on it's reproductive capabilities (to my understanding anyway)

I wouldn't even let anyone know I have it - at least for a few years and have bred it to see what else follwed within the offspring :shock:

Glimmerman said:
But first that animals has to be fertile and then it has to be proven genetic, alot of if's and but's but it should be interesting to see it develop.

A Piebald is a genetic colour mutation - it shouldn't have any effect on it's reproductive capabilities (to my understanding anyway)

Very true, but often when you have a mutation there is often some negative effects on the animal in question which often can be them being sterile... and animals with no mutations can be sterile too.

I was just making the point that because he has a snake wih a mutation doesn't mean that he will insantly make millions, i mean it could even get RI and die tomorrow.

waruikazi said:
I was just making the point that because he has a snake wih a mutation doesn't mean that he will insantly make millions, i mean it could even get RI and die tomorrow.

This is quite true, the poor creature could die of natural causes or have genetical defects, hence why I made the comment

I wouldn't even let anyone know I have it - at least for a few years and have bred it to see what else follwed within the offspring

Personally, I don't think they would make millions out of it anyway, and Why do people always go straight into the $$$ factor of an animal?

I understand that they are rare and that people want to sell these offspring and Yes in USA they are "all for the pet trade" but I'm sure people do keep and breed reptiles, besides trying to make "millions". I think it is more about trying to stay in the fast paced loop of designer herps and to be a reputable breeder with excellent quality stock.

JMO :wink:

I reckon you would be right again Glimmerman. I breed (or more accurately, try to breed) for two reasons, I like the challenge and because it helps to pay for my hobby. But I would be lying if i hatched something like that out and didn't think i could make a bit of extra money out of it, lets face it, if the original breeder doesn't then someone else will.

Absolutely, but I would still keep it hush until I bred it, just to make sure it wasn't a one off friek of nature (and fertile) and without any hereditary defects. Then I could show pics and advertise with a positive conscience and that the offspring would hopefully survive the hands of time. And yes with a higher price tag but not over the top either. I would rather sell to someone would will love and appreciate the animal than think of the resale dollar factor.

Lets face it though, every breeder is looking at the $$ to varying degrees. I am not talking about the bloke that breeds a couple of coastals or childrens but dedicated breeders with 100 or more animals. They are all on the look out for something different that will bring them in the money and I think that is absolutely fine, it makes absolutely no difference to the animals whether it costs $1 or $1000 but it does potentially make a difference to the buyer, the more you spend on an animal the more you should be inclined to care for that animal.
Now don't misinterpret what I just said, you should care for any animal regardless of whether it is free or costs an arm and a leg BUT the it is quite obvious more effort can go into an animal if it cost a great deal of money.
Anyway these animals are no more prone to genetic or health problems than any other, it is purely a 'fault' in it's genetics which affects it's colour nothing else.

why on earth would you destroy a beatifull python like that. which is effectivly what they have done. :evil: would they do it to thier partner , i think not. they cull certain animals because they cant be controlled, why not certain....

Why do you say they have destroyed it? Do you think the same way about selectively breeding for particular traits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back