• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Quality Breeding Rats!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M.bredl.mad

Reaction score
Want to buy breeding rats. My recent lot all developed respiratory infections so im looking for really healthy rats.
Im after 4 females and 2 males all adult sized (around 4months old or a little older).
Important that they have also been feed well, looking for good sized ones to that will produce quality rats to feed my juvenille snakes. Dont want any that have had chemicals used on or around them. Pm me if you can help me out.

Thanks for your time

Got screwed around today so will still be looking for some rats.

What is the best way to sort out food for your snakes? We have 5 snakes at home and it costs a fortune to buy dead mice and rats from the reptile shop near us. Also I think its kinda crap that you pay so much, for dead rodents. We can't really breed them at home tho because our house/garden isn't all that big. What do most ppl do to minimise costs?

i breed them but if you can probley get a mate to breed them for you

Sorry can't help you out as I'm in QLD and 2 of my rats have myco anyway...

But herpfan101, you don't really need much space for them. Mice go in a fish tank so thats not much space - outside cos the males stink - just make sure they are protected from rain and direct sun. Have attached a pic of my rats cage - bottom section is for my 2 males and top is for my 5 females. The cage you can just see to the side is where I put the mum with her babies. My rats are pets, but the babies aren't...

Anyway, thats a bump for you M.bredli.mad

Attachments

• IMG_2710 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2710 - Copy.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 88
Anyone Got Any Sugestions As To Who Could Supply Me With What Im After.

The only people in syd i could find with rats was husgta and reptile boy other wise pet shops but you want healthy so sick clean of pet shops

Wheres reptile boy located?. I tried hugsta, doesnt have what i need at the moment. Cheers for the help mate

morbank i think out west kinda near bankstown dont hold me to that tho haha

Not all pet shops are bad - if you are that desperate go to a petshop, check their noses for mucus and listen to their chest. If you get them, worm them and start them on good quality feed. Some big breeders have so many it is hard to look after them - often Petshops just get them from kids that have 1 M & 1F and want to make a bit of pocket money. I have some but sorry, am in Qld.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back